Continue to Site

Scam

AllProPizza

Hello everyone,
Just thought I’d share this recent email i received. I’ve received several calls for this same scam using relay calls intended for use by deaf people.

MY NAME IS MRS TINA HOLMES. I AM THE OWNER AND MANAGER OF TINA PARTY PLANNER. I HAVE AN UPCOMING WEDDING CEREMONEY ON FRIDAY NOV. 4TH FOR MY SON.I WILL LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER 100 LARGE PEPPERONI (16 INCHES )PIZZAS WITH PEPPERONI TOPPING

BELOW ARE THE SERVICES REQUIRE FROM YOU.
  1. EMAIL ME THE TOTAL COST FOR THE ORDER AND THE CHARGES PER PERSON.
  2. CAN YOU GET THIS ORDER READY FOR PICK UP BY 2PM ON THAT DAY ?
  3. A PRIVATE SHIPPER WILL BE COMING TO PICK UP THE ORDER AND THEY
HAVE BILLED ME $950 FOR THE PICK UP AND SERVICES.I WANT YOU TO ADD

THIS CHARGES TO THE TOTAL COST OF THE ORDER.YOU WILL PAY THE

SHIPPERS THE MONEY FOR PICK UP.
  1. EMAIL ME THE TOTAL COST, YOUR NAME, DIRECT CELL PHONE NUMBER AND TYPE OF CREDIT CARD YOU ACCEPT AS PAYMENT.

Last edited:
Never got it email, had it on the fax a couple of times which really amazed me.

Rick

Last edited:
My email reply would be:
Thank you for considering us for your event. As this is a large order our policy is to preauthorize the charges to the credit card. Please submit your card number including the expiry date and the 3 digit security number on the back of the card. We also need the name as it is on the card as well as the billing address for the card. Once the charges are approved we will proceed with your order.

Last edited:
Why dont people just agree to this, call the local police, have an officer waiting for the driver when they get there, call the card issuer when the delivery person arrives to report the theft as we all know what this is, and either arrest the delivery person as he/she is the thief or find out where the money and pizzas were heading and arrest those people also!!!

qcfmike:
Why dont people just agree to this, call the local police, have an officer waiting for the driver when they get there, call the card issuer when the delivery person arrives to report the theft as we all know what this is, and either arrest the delivery person as he/she is the thief or find out where the money and pizzas were heading and arrest those people also!!!
The first time I got a “Relay call,” I let them waste more of my time than I should have. They want you to wire the money to the courier service out of New Orleans. I’m just guessing that they never plan on showing up in the first place.

Last edited:
You know the saddest part about this scam and all the others, including trying to sell a car on Craigslist of late is, they must be working for someone else they’d have given up by now! WHO of you are dumb enough to believe these things? (“you” being a non-directed statement to mean the stupid public at large)

We don’t accept any relay calls, we don’t allow solicitations over the phone…and I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that dude coming by next time to sell me his little wonder potion cleaning solution either!

Last edited:
The sad part is that the police don’t care and won’t do anything about it. There is just so much fraud these days that no one can keep up with it and the crooks find new ways every single day to scam you. We’ve had a couple of occasions with stolen checks and stolen credit cards where we had names, addresses, and phone numbers and were told that if it wasn’t our card or our checks personally then we had no complaint – yet we were the ones that lost on the whole deal. You just have to have to keep on top of it and have policies in place such as the one that Daddio suggested.

Last edited:
Dang it Deacon… I am still waiting for that car you sold me too show up! I am starting to not believe that you “forgot where you parked it!” 😛

deaconvolker:
WHO of you are dumb enough to believe these things? (“you” being a non-directed statement to mean the stupid public at large)
always follow with
“Present company excepted of course” 😃

It works almost as well as “Bless his heart” does in the south

Last edited:
deaconvolker:
We don’t accept any relay calls
We have a very regular customer who is deaf and uses a relay call every 2 weeks or so to order about $20 in food. Takes a little longer on the phone, but it keeps them coming back. Not all relay calls are scams - but I do get the ones for 100 pizzas every 1-2 months though.

Last edited:
The last several calls I’ve had for this, I just tell them right after they tell me what they want to order that it will be available at the local police station and they hang up. The last one was at our new place and I grabbed several staff and talked them through exactly what the scam was and what they were going to say next. I made sure the operator could hear me talking to them, seemed like she got a kick out of it.

Last edited:
I just got a relay call and it was genuine!! First one in about a year. I was shocked.

Last edited:
For me it’s quite a frequent issue< there is nothing shocking already :roll:
especially on e-mail

Last edited:
I love playing with these people. I would pretend that I did it and when the people showed up I pretended like I had no idea what they were talking about.

Last edited:
Back