Continue to Site

Self-saucer

PizzainAZ

Anyone use one of these?

I was in a shop today and I had no idea what this thing was, but I noticed the dresser didnt sauce the pie, so they put the pan under this saucer and it rotates and the arm moves towards the inside like a record player and sauces the pie.

I had never seen one before but I have to say it was quite impressive.

Last edited:
I worked at a Donatos more than 15 years ago that had something like that. Don’t really remember much of how well it worked. I do remember that the sauce was very watered down.

Last edited:
Wow. My slowest part timer can sauce a pizza faster than that. Surely not as pretty though. I’d hate to see what that thing would do to my out-the-door times.

Last edited:
can you image what a swine that would be to clean and how do you cope with multiple sauces - a different machine for a different sauce, and what about xtra or lite sauce?

I can see these working in a production facility but not in a shop - obviously this store owner has too much money to play with!

Last edited:
my repair guy is busy enough, just dont ever see how that would help, honestly its not hard to spread sauce and the laddels we use are premeasured. I would rather save the money for the HOT NEW INVENTION COMING OUT THIS YEAR…Tom did a demo on it and was GREAT!!!
what was it called again Tom? vacation? or something like that…I am going to do a little more research, keep you informed

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
my repair guy is busy enough, just dont ever see how that would help, honestly its not hard to spread sauce and the laddels we use are premeasured. I would rather save the money for the HOT NEW INVENTION COMING OUT THIS YEAR…Tom did a demo on it and was GREAT!!!
what was it called again Tom? vacation? or something like that…I am going to do a little more research, keep you informed
A friend of mine had one of those vacations. It caused him to miss two weeks of work!!

Last edited:
I could see that at a gas station or somewhere else that wanted a lot of sauce (the demo video looked like way more than we ever put on a pie) and wanted the line perfect, but I agree…I could have at least 5 large pies sauced according to PJ standards in the time it takes that machine to do one…and though mine wouldn’t be perfect, they would still be pretty. 😉

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
I tried to google that word “vacation”, and my computer crashed. Please explain what that is. I’m also confused by a few other phrases I’ve seen on this message board:

day off
profit
family time

Last edited:
Back