Continue to Site

Selling My Store

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

How do I go about selling my store and keeping in on the “Down Low”? I don’t want to make a bid deal of it and don’t want to let my customers know until it is sold. I’ve only been open for 8 months and am burnt out. How do I value it? We do about $7K a week.

Anonymous:
How do I go about selling my store and keeping in on the “Down Low”? I don’t want to make a bid deal of it and don’t want to let my customers know until it is sold. I’ve only been open for 8 months and am burnt out. How do I value it? We do about $7K a week.
You can get a broker. They will require all buyers to sign a confidentiality agreement.

Any broker is going to sell your business based off of cash flow. Some on this site will tell you that a proper multiple is 3-4x cash flow. That is not correct, and you have 0 chance of getting that for your place. I cannot give you a value because there are a lot of things that factor into that. But places that are only open for 8 months don’t have a lot of goodwill yet, and buyers won’t pay a significant premium.

South Central Wisconsin - Growning town of about 8k will be 10k in 2 years, 1 competitor.

Last edited:
hey crusher, did i used to wrestle against you in the AWA, back in the early 80’s.

i’m a sales associate at target now.

hey crusher, did i used to wrestle against you in the AWA, back in the early 80’s.

God that would have been funny.
[/quote]

Back