Continue to Site

sending files

Rockstar_pizza

Staff member
anyone know away to send an extremely large file to printer? its about 70mb. my email will only go to 25mb

Last edited:
How far away is your printer? Thumb drives are cheap and easy to use. I pretty much had one that I used exclusively for marketing that I just brought over there every time I needed to get my guy more data.

Last edited:
Why is so large? Photo? Reduce the resolution is one way.

Or FTP the file. Email was never meant for large attachments.

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
anyone know away to send an extremely large file to printer? its about 70mb. my email will only go to 25mb
Use WinRAR and break it into 5mb parts.

Last edited:
Breaking up a file should be the last option…

You send it works very well…

Is the file that large because the images have been re-sized in the program itself versus an image editing program (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.)?..

Last edited:
Yeah, break it into 14 files lol. That would be fun.

Better yet, burn it to a cd and send it in the mail!

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
extremely large file to printer?
Not that big a file 😛 Some of mine are 650 mb in size 😉

Two things to do to shrink it down to a manageable size without losing quality assuming you are sending a “ready-to-print” file. Import the file into Photoshop and go to layer>flatten image. This will make all the graphics “one image” instead of multiple images that make up a bigger file. Then save the file as a Photoshop PDF file for easy use by your printer.

Since you’re only starting with a 70 mb file this should be enough. If it is still not small enough, use Suffit Deluxe to compress it.

Sending files through email is pretty outdated as a means of transporting files now. A good printer should have an upload section on their site or a separate third party means of uploading large file as others have attested.

Last edited:
48.png
pizzapirate:
Two things to do to shrink it down to a manageable size without losing quality assuming you are sending a “ready-to-print” file. Import the file into Photoshop and go to layer>flatten image. This will make all the graphics “one image” instead of multiple images that make up a bigger file. Then save the file as a Photoshop PDF file for easy use by your printer.
Thats assuming he he has photoshop… And my guess is he doesn’t.

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
48.png
pizzapirate:
Thats assuming he he has photoshop… And my guess is he doesn’t.
Gimp is free.

Last edited:
One of these days most good software will be run off a “cloud” where you have to log in to the vendor’s server to use the program…

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
One of these days most good software will be run off a “cloud” where you have to log in to the vendor’s server to use the program…
What if you dont have an internet connection?

Last edited:
Then you will be probably be s.h.i.t. out of luck…

Distributing and retail packaging of software is about 40% to 50% of the final cost…By cutting out this layer software vendors can make software less costly or way better…

Intuit has now starting a monthly subscription plan for QuickBooks (not for Canada yet)…They built a huge server farm at Quincy WA (along with Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc.)…Programs and data will reside on their servers and you will log in to use them…It will be a big change in the way software is sold…

Last edited:
I cant imagine that would be good for the business that use that kind of software. What if a project is due that very day that the server or their internet connection goes down.

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
I cant imagine that would be good for the business that use that kind of software. What if a project is due that very day that the server or their internet connection goes down.
Same as your phone service. What if it goes down? That is why you have “Disaster Planning”.

A cloud is not on one server but distributed on many servers. It is much more fault tolerant. And the company client would also build a level of redundancy into their connectivity commensurate with the cost of downtime.

Last edited:
Back