Continue to Site

Serving Beer In Plastic Cups

Trey

Does anyone offer draft beer in clear plastic cups for dine in? We want to have a casaul environment we will be using paper plates,plastic silverware and paper cups. We didn’t plan on having a dishwasher in store but want to offer beer. Any other suggestions for this?

Last edited:
My experience from when I owned a bar was that college age kids don’t mind the plastic cups, but late 20’s and up don’t like it and will be very vocal about it.

Last edited:
I agree with Indie Pizza. If you have a 3-vat of some sort (I’m sure you must), it’s no big deal. You can wash a ton of beer glasses in just a few minutes…

Last edited:
I would also consider using real silverware. Plastic is just garbage and hard to use most of the time. Casual is one thing but like the beer glasses… people look at the little things too. Then there is the cost of it all. Yes you save on the initial purchase but plasticware adds up. You do have to wash it but I think you would be better off with the real deal. I am interested in what everyone else thinks? What does everyone use?

We used plastic forks for about two weeks. Not only does every single one cost, but they give an impression of cheap. And don’t even think about trying to use a plastic fork to eat a pizza. You’ll have customers coming back for two or three forks because theirs broke and then giving up in frustration. And that’s something that will end up in the “how was it” conversation that they’ll be having with their friends later on. If it’s carry out, obviously that’s one thing; but dine in, unless you’re going for a fast food hamburger joint atmosphere, you might want to reconsider the all disposable place setting.

Last edited:
This something that I was recently pondering myself. I’ve been expanding our bottle lineup to include more craft beer and really want to add a small tap system with one or two crafts and a macro. My local Annhusier Busch rep has the perfect setup, but now I’m hung up on glassware. I don’t really have the room to add a ton of pint glasses and don’t have an auto dishwasher, so I’ve been stuck thinking about this for the last three months.

Last edited:
If you can fit it I would say get a small reach-in freezer to chill your glasses and even though I hate beer… I have plenty of beer drinking friends that go to a particular restaurant / bar just for the “frosty mugs.” It also seems those places actually charge more for their tap beer but nobody questions it. As far as washing… mugs / glasses are easy to clean in a 3 or 4 bowl sink. Just use the right sanitizer packs that take the spots away and I would invest in a submersible glass scrubber. Looks like you can get one for around $300 or so. I think you would pay for it in labor savings in a month or two. Not too mention… how many of you have gone to a restaurant or bar and gotten a dirty glass… lipstick is always a good one. Boy does that leave a lasting impression! :shock:

Back