Continue to Site

shred or dice.

blavis

Hello everyone, i’ve been busy lately making pizza and wondering how many pizza places shred or dice there own cheese and what equipment you use to do it with and how much money do you save? Currently we make our own dough and sauce, so looking at the cheese. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks…

Last edited:
We use a Stephan VCM. I guess we save 10-12 cents per pound. That comes to several thousand $$ per year.

Last edited:
we started with store bought shred…then fell in love w/store-bought dice (speed!)…

current store started w/store bought shred due to flavor…began shredding our own blend and fell back in love!!!

We have a scale on the make line…

Last edited:
48.png
blavis:
Hello everyone, i’ve been busy lately making pizza and wondering how many pizza places shred or dice there own cheese and what equipment you use to do it with and how much money do you save? Currently we make our own dough and sauce, so looking at the cheese. All help would be greatly appreciated. thanks…
do u make dough with a mixer…get a pelican head attachment and start shreddin…you will make back the attachment in no time…of course get a scale for the make line!

Last edited:
We slice our cheese… but if I had the money for a VCM, I’d get it to Dice the cheese and mix the dough instead of my Mixer.

Dice is the way to go, much more accurate (when put in a measuring cup) then shread and quicker.

Last edited:
I agree if you have the option between the two diced is the way to go. We shred ours with our mixers but man if I had a dicer i would dice away.

Kris

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help everyone. I have a hobart mixer that i mix my dough with, also a pelican head with the dicer att. but my plates were 1/4" which i fill like is too big a piece of cheese. I buy bagged diced cheese now and i like it better than shreded. So is my plate size wrong because the pieces are bigger than the bagged dice cheese, if so where can i get right thing? Thanks…

Last edited:
I’ve got a 1/4" disc on my Hobart as well…started shredding on speed #3 & the finished product was good, but…

A while ago I experimented shredding the cheese on speed #4 - what a difference! Spreads/covers much better…

Although I believe diced is still a bit faster on the make line, I’m quite happy w/the shred & a scale - nearly as fast & the learning curve/finished product is a bit more consistent…

Last edited:
Back