Continue to Site

Sink faucets! The best?

noreason

I’m super tired of rebuilding sink faucets. They are always turned off with gorilla brute strength and open and closed hundreds of times a day so they don’t last at all. I’m lucky to see 3 months before I have to rebuild a faucet one way or another.

I have a spare sink that isn’t actually installed, but I noticed the faucet levers have a physical stopping point for opened and closed similar to a ball valve, which seems like a way better design as opposed to what we have on our sinks now, which is the type where the valves turn until the water shuts off, but if you wanted you could essentially keep turning with enough strength…

Anyway, who’s been through this? What is the Cadillac of faucets? Why don’t they use ball valves? Seems that compression valves is a bad design.

Last edited:
I believe some faucets use porcelain which is less prone to leaking, also they are 1/4 turn, similar to some water shut-offs. I replaced a couple faucets a year or so ago and I believe I used T&S Brass. (all of this information might be wrong though…it’s been awhile!)

Last edited:
For a dish sink or prep sink only Fisher Faucets. Cost a ton but last and are easy to get parts.

For a hand sinks we use the Advance Tabco

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/adv...and-8-high-gooseneck-3-1-2-spread/109K59.html

Its the Chinese import stuff that breaks.
I need to look into fisher… I really need something that lasts for sure… thank you for the suggestion.
I believe some faucets use porcelain which is less prone to leaking, also they are 1/4 turn, similar to some water shut-offs. I replaced a couple faucets a year or so ago and I believe I used T&S Brass. (all of this information might be wrong though…it’s been awhile!)
Yeah, the quarter turns are exactly what I’m talking about… I have no clue if they actually last longer but I love the concept. Once the faucet starts to have the slightest drip our guys just turn the hell out of it. Eventually it gets to the point where they are turning it so far and so hard that it gets destroyed. Obviously catching the leak immediately and fixing the rubber or whatever causes it would be the smartest thing, but naturally our guys don’t say shit until it’s completely destroyed.

Last edited:
Back