Slices

Jeffrey_T

For those you doing an 18" Pie, By-the-Slice, wondering if you do 4-cut or 6-cut. We started out doing a 4-cut 3-years ago and it’s always a “Wow” for new Guests. We charge $5 for Cheese and $.65 for toppings. I am really torn about going to a 6-cut and charging $4e. $24 per Pie vs $20 on the 4-cut. We have a loyal following and don’t want to lose our regulars…but also need to increase our margins…

Any insights or advice GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like where you’re headed…if you offer great service & pizza, you should be fine.

What do you serve your slices on? China, paper, slice tray? Are all slice pizzas baked as cheese with toppings only added when ordered? How many slices do you average per day? What crust style are you offering?

Here’s a couple thoughts…

If asked, your reason for going to 6 slices is because “the XXL slice was too big for many customers.”

Cut into 6 slices leaving it @ $5 which INCLUDES toppings. Add extra toppings & a little extra cheese to the cheese pizza & you shouldn’t get much push back. After all, cheese is an expensive topping. It would be easier to go from 4 slice to 6 slice if you went from $5 to $4, but if enhance the slice by a slight increase in toppings, you could probably pull it off.

FWIW…We currently sell a 6 slice 16” @ $4.06/slice. Same price for cheese or with toppings.

Last edited:
Or could you do 5 slices for 4.50 each?..Lloyds sells a 5 slice cutter…

I thought about this a little more…If your folks are buying 4 slices it might be detrimental to go to 5 or 6 slices…Your margin on each slice should increase but if you still sold the same amount of slices your cash flow would decrease…You would have to do the math to see where the change would land you…Maybe it might be better just to raise the price 0.25 or 0.50 per slice…

Last edited:
we do 8 cut 18" @ $3 a slice. For a lunch special we do 2 slices and soda for 6.25. I notice most people can’t finish 1/4 of an 18" pie. I would totally look into a 6 cut or smaller. We also push customers to get 2 slices at a time so that’s $6 per 1/4 of an 18" after the lunch special.

Last edited:
we do 8 cut 18" @ $3 a slice. For a lunch special we do 2 slices and soda for 6.25. I notice most people can’t finish 1/4 of an 18" pie. I would totally look into a 6 cut or smaller. We also push customers to get 2 slices at a time so that’s $6 per 1/4 of an 18" after the lunch special.
I like that! Thank You!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back