Continue to Site

slices

Same here we cut our 14" into 8 slices and sell them for 1.49 We only do slices from 11:30am to 2 pm. I do it for the people that are in a hurry and want to be in and out in 5 minutes. The school kids are my biggest customers and it seems like when they come its 20 of them at a time.

Last edited:
I guess I am the odd one here. I sell slices all day long, today I sold over 1,700. But that is my market. Been doing that at my shop forever. I even have a drive thru.

Last edited:
Are you guys doing the parbake then reheat method or just keeping several cooked pies warm during the rush?

Last edited:
Pizza of the Month:
I guess I am the odd one here. I sell slices all day long, today I sold over 1,700. But that is my market. Been doing that at my shop forever. I even have a drive thru.
Only 1,700? We sold over 2,300 yesterday - though we require you buy them 10 at a time… 🙂

Last edited:
we offer slices from open till close…regular slices and about 5 diffferent specialty pies at once…we also sell rolls and garlic knots the same way…we work with deck ovens so i can’t speak for the conveyor people but we sold 64 slices so far today and it has been pretty slow…

Last edited:
Registered Guest:
Pizza of the Month:
Only 1,700? We sold over 2,300 yesterday - though we require you buy them 10 at a time… 🙂
Well actually, I sold 210 strombolis, 130 whole pies, 19 salads, 83 subs, 28 breadsticks, and 32 stickysticks in addition to the 1,700 cuts. If you want to get technical. 😃

Last edited:
We make them as we need them and keep them in our warmer, it holds 4 at a time so when we start to get low we thorw another on in the oven.

Last edited:
We across the street from a high school and we sell slices from an 18" pie - 8 slices each. We go through about 20-25 pies per day. The kids only have a 45 minutes for lunch so if they had an hour, we’d probably do more. There are also some other food places that have specials for the kids. We have slices from 11-4 only M-Sat. Sunday upon request. We only offer cheese and pepperoni.

Last edited:
60.png
pizzaguy:
we cut our 14" into 8 slices
am I the only one that thinks this is really small? We cut an 18" in 6 and sell for same price. Am I too big or this too small? what does everyone else do?

FYI we par bake and them finish when ordered…go through 4-10 a day. only sell from 11am-3pm

Last edited:
15thStreetPizzaandPub:
48.png
pizzaguy:
we cut our 14" into 8 slices
am I the only one that thinks this is really small? We cut an 18" in 6 and sell for same price.
If I am a customer . . . I think 14" 8-cut is too small for my preference.

If I am a pizzeria owner . . . I love the portioning and price if it sells well.

Last edited:
selling by the slice you are only getting $8.97 for your 18" pizza? If I sold slices, I would probably do 18" cut in 8 and sell for closer to $2. You know what your market will bear better than I, but to potentially have 6 transactions to generate $9 for an 18" pie does not sound appealing to me at all. What do you sell a whole 18" pizza for?

Last edited:
we pull 20 inch skins for slices, cut into 8 and sell for $1.99 and .35 cent toppings. we go through 5-10 pies a day and we sell slices from 11-3. i think that a 14" slice is kinda small too, but if they sell, who cares?

Last edited:
Well actually, I sold 210 strombolis, 130 whole pies, 19 salads, 83 subs, 28 breadsticks, and 32 stickysticks in addition to the 1,700 cuts. If you want to get technical.

Did somebody get sandbaged and trumped here? lol

Would love this volume.

Last edited:
It may seem small to some of you but it works out to less then what I would sell a whole pizza for, but that is because of the market I am in.

Last edited:
sorry pizzaguy, I was not trying to insult your slice sizes I just was wondering what everyone else was doing…Guess I should have stated it better! no harm meant…

Last edited:
Hey no worries I was not at all insulted Everybody has a pricepoint for their market me being in Canada our price structure tends to be different then a lot of areas in the good ol USA

Last edited:
Back