Some More Shady Stuff

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by Rico, Aug 7, 2019.

1. pizzaplacesf

pizzaplacesf New Member

We got in early and they take roughly 19% but yea... we do about $18-20k/mo of Grub Hub orders. One Thai restaurant we order from at home uses their own online ordering platform but uses GrubHub drivers, not sure how that works, need to look into it. We are a small place but high volume and don't have oven capacity/kitchen space to do the amount of takeout we could potentially do. The GH tablet is nice to be able to turn off when the restaurant is super busy with dine in customers....

2. pizzaplacesf

pizzaplacesf New Member

I thought i replied, not sure where it went... anyway, thanks for your reply! We got in early with GrubHub so they take 17-20% depending on if it's a new client or whatnot. SF is so expensive that i can't even imagine trying to manage our own drivers, it's hard enough to get staff to get to work on time, etc and having to add 3 more employees on at $15.59/hr would be a nightmare.

3. Patrick Fruin

Patrick Fruin Member

SOB's got me too. Thanks for the post. I wouldn't have know about it if it weren't for you. Good karma to you, sir.

Rico likes this.
  4. Rico

Rico Active Member

Last time I spoke with them they were phasing our those rates. If someone contacts you about improving your visibility and increasing your orders on their platform for a higher rate think twice about it because that’s how they get you out of the 17-20% and they will never let you get back down to it.

I was going to suggest offering a different wage rate to tipped employees but after looking at California’s minimum wage rules I found out that they don’t let you use a tip credit towards the minimum wage like the do in New York

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk