Continue to Site

Specialty Pizzas

debbie9025

Anyone out there have a good recipe for a “Philly Cheese Steak Pizza”. I have it on my menu but need to spice it up a little. Any ideas

Last edited:
We sell 3 Philly Steak Pizzas
  1. Little pizza sauce with Cheese, steak, Onion, Green Pepper, Banana Peppers. and extra cheese
  2. Pizza Sauce and cheese with Ham, Steak, Bacon, Jalapenos, and Tomatoes
  3. Alfredo Sauce and cheese, Green Pepper, Red Onion, Mushroom, Steak, Bacon, and Cheddar on top
We used to do one with pepperjack cheese and cherry peppers that was very good but i don’t remember the other toppings

Paul

Last edited:
Swiss / white american cheese as the sauce, steak, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, provolone over top, sprinkled with garlic seasoning. This is what one of the chains does.

Last edited:
We had a cheesesteak pizza with a white sauce that was the bomb. People who tried it raved. Just almost like jackaloo’s above. I made a homemade parmesan cream sauce (heavy cream, butter, pinch of minced garlic, salt, reduced to thicken then parm and white pepper) for base, then the mozz/prov, sliced steak, red onion rings, bell pepper rings, and top with light sprinkle of sharp cheddar and very light mozz/prov. The scratch sauce makes a world of difference in richness.

Used the same sauce for a steak and potato pizza I lifted from someone’s menu.

Last edited:
I guess I will experiment with the white sauce idea, never thought of that. I use olive oil as the base them put the cooked shaved ribeye on that, topped with onions & gr peppers then mozz cheese, maybe thats why mine needs a kick up. Thanks guys. Will let you know how it turns out

Last edited:
I have also had fun using cramelized onions and sauteed peppers on the pie. Sauteeing them together and then cooling melds the flavors and makes it more cohesive. Also affords the chance to season them with some signature flavors. Mmmmm caramelized Vidalia onions.

Last edited:
My favorite is with Sun Dried Tomato sauce but we have also had customers request just simply using A1 sauce on them. We top them off with mushrooms, onions, and roasted red peppers.

Last edited:
Ok I have been thinking about this one a little bit. Here it goes: Start with the olive oil base, add Nick’s caramelized sweet onions and peppers (red & green) with some minced garlic, shaved (falling apart)ribeye, (here comes the kicker!) chunky skin on apple sauce, and top with a prov/mozz mix (heavy on the prov)… There is a place in Chicago that serves this on a baguette so why not a pizza! :idea:

OK, chunky skin on apple sauce really, that just sounds strange. Have you had it before? Think I might stick with using a white cheese sauce as the base instead of the olive oil, and then top off with more cheese & minced garlic, maybe add a little Italian seasoning

Last edited:
Had it! It was actually really good. Gave it a sweet side to the onions and pepper flavor. Make one up and let me know what you think. :idea:

I would like to try a Philly cheesesteak pizza that actually resembles a Philly cheesesteak.
Meaning: Lightly Fried Spanish onions, super thin ribeye and cheez whiz.
It really doesn’t need anything else if it’s done simply and the right way.

Let the whiz flow, comrades.

Last edited:
Cheese Whiz, Im sorry but that just does not sound good, I know I know, its the actual thing if its really a philly cheese steak. I actually made a steak & onion stromboli with carmelized onions & swiss/american cheese, it was mouth watering good. Just trying to figure out the pizza though, cheese whiz seems like it would burn on the pizza.

Last edited:
Definitely would scorch up black and skinned over. You would warm it in a microwave or a sauce warmer and drizzle/ladle over the finished pie. Use the glass jar and you can pour right from the micro-ed jar! Same with using a thick walled squeeze bottle . . . hold in hot water, or nuke for 20 to 25 seconds and squeeze away. Gotta be Whiz and not a cheap substitute.

Tony Luke’s also does provolone, BTW. Gimme one wit’ out and provolone.

Last edited:
Mmmmm. Ok well I will have to try it. I put a little Italian seasoning on my shaved ribeye while cooking, not so sure, gave it a different taste, think I like it with just salt/pepper & little garlic.

Last edited:
Back