Continue to Site

stanislaus full red pizza sauce in the UK? (+fridge magnets)

vamos124

Hi I have been looking around TT for improving my pizza recipe and found that stanislaus full red pizza sauce is very popular? Is it really that good?

Also, is there any way I can get it in the UK? A google search doesnt really come back with anything useful. Is anyone in the UK sucessfuly using it?

Thanks

P.S: Ill just ask another question instead of making a new thread, has anyone used vistaprint for fridge magnets? They are offering them for about 10-15p each. Is this worth it or are there better places that ship to the UK?

Last edited:
48.png
vamos124:
Hi I have been looking around TT for improving my pizza recipe and found that stanislaus full red pizza sauce is very popular? Is it really that good?
Yes it is really that good. I had an opportunity to try all of the major brands at the Pizza Expo in Las Vegas. There are close seconds but none that match in my opinion. Plus their customer service is top notch.

PM me and I will get you in touch with their VP of marketing.

Last edited:
If you can’t get Stanislaus look out for ProntoFesca. It;s am Italian brand that is exported worldwide and is excellent. Very big support here in Australia. We use the pizza sauce mixed witk Polpa (pulped tomatos) and add sugar, garlic and herbs.
I can vouch for this brand with confidence.

Dave

Last edited:
I never found anything remarkable about Full Red. It is just fine and so are several other products. We have cut samples of it a few times over the years. I suggest that you ask you suppliers to bring you samples of all the choices they have for sauce products and work through them to find the foundation for your own recipe. There will be some good choices available. I would suggest looking for the heavier products that have more solids and low salt content. The products with more liquid generally have water addded. Extra salt initialy picks up the flavor profile but is not really what works best.

Last edited:
I might be wrong on this, but I am thinking that Stanislaus doesn’t export. The only way you can get their product is to have someone purchase it here in the U.S. and ship it on to you.
To verify, please contact Steve Rouse (V.P. Marketing) at: P.O. Box 3951 (95352)
1202 “D” Street
Modesto, California 95354
I’m, sorry but I don’t have an e-mail address for Steve.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
“vamos124” said:

Also, is there any way I can get it in the UK? A google search doesnt really come back with anything useful. Is anyone in the UK sucessfuly using it?

Thanks

/quote]

vamos124,

My apologies for this tardy response. Unfortunately, we (Stanislaus) do not export outside the US and Canada. But for the most fresh tomato flavor, I recommend that you look for tomato products which are packed from fresh tomatoes (not Re-Manufactured from concentrate) from restaurant suppliers in your area.

For more basic educational info on tomatoes, you can also check out the following page on our website
http://stanislaus.com/products/tomato-university

Also, if you (or anyone else) want some more in depth sauce advice, you can email me at [email protected], or call me at (800) 327-7201 or(209) 522-7201.

Steve Rouse
VP Marketing
Stanislaus Food Products
(800) 327-7201
stanislaus.com

Last edited:
When I travel outside of the U.S. and need to make some awsome pizzas, I always turn to my #1 back-up, fresh, sliced tomato. This is really hard to beat. Just presilce some fresh tomatoes, and layer, with a paper towel between the layers to soak up the excess juice, then paint the dough skin with a very light coating of garlic infused olive oil, and lay on the tomato slices. The slices from one, medium size tomato (Thin slices) is about right for a 12-inch pizza. After putting the fresh tomato slices on, dress the piz as normal.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back