Continue to Site

Supremo Italiano products

daisy

Out of curiousity has anyone used their preshredded cheese blends “Supremo Italiano”, from Restauant Depot. Just curious as to why their cheese per lb is cheaper, I got their flyer its $2.26 #lb. I have used their(Supermo Italiano) other products, such as olives & their product to me has good quality, just curious about the cheese, they claim to be a Wisconsin cheese, I currently am using a Wisconsin cheese & am paying $2.48 for block

Last edited:
I have tried the whole milk and the part skim. I’m not a fan of them because the cheese is dense and sliced think so your cheese coverage is not as good as a thinner lighter cheese. Also it tends to stick together quite a bit. I use some supremo italiano products but cheese will not be one of them. I do suggest restaurant depots sorrento cheese tho 😉

Last edited:
I am not a cheese user, however, there has been some discussion in the past about Restaurant Depot private label cheese…As I recall there was a concern that it was not consistent as different parts of the country used different suppliers and they changed suppliers from time to time without notice…Not sure if “Supremo Italiano” is a house brand so not sure if these comments apply…

Last edited:
I have used it in a pinch several times and have to say I have NEVER been disappointed. The one thing I agree on it is a thicker cut so you do have to watch the heavy hands

Last edited:
We use it - before we switched, we taste tested it against the Roma brand we had been using … the flavor stacked up quite well. We grate our own cheese (75/25 mozz/provolone blend), so the thicker cut is not an issue for me.

Last edited:
I am not a cheese user, however, there has been some discussion in the past about Restaurant Depot private label cheese…As I recall there was a concern that it was not consistent as different parts of the country used different suppliers and they changed suppliers from time to time without notice.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Over I have found that a lot of vendors including the big guys like Sysco will private label and then tell you it is really X brand. They even offer provide a letter from X brand saying that it is their product. But then what often happens is that the vendor changes from X brand to some other brand and never say anything. Unless the customer is watching you might get a product you don’t want and did not bargain for because it still comes under the vendor’s label. One of the big vendors tried that with us a couple of years ago on something we use big quantities of and even offered the letter from the supplier attesting to the fact that it was theirs. Then the vendor tried to tell us that the supplier no longer packaged under their own label. So we switched to another vendor who carried the same product still labeled under the manufacturers name.
We still use the original vendor for other products. Last week we got different pricing on the same products at two different locations. One of the locations is a different legal entity so somebody forgot the connection and jacked up the prices…meaning the salesman. One of the items was flour and one price was about 1.50 a bag higher than the other one. Interesting how things happen like this. Every once in a while we get inconsistent or simply higher pricing on products that have not changed anywhere else. We still check other suppliers who deliver to other operators we know and compare. Integrity seems to be a rare commodity with some vendors. They have a right to raise prices but tell us and forget the games.

Last edited:
GMAC is right on the money. Food vendors are snakes and you can not trust them. They have layers of pricing from supplier/producer, broker, vendor/rep all of which can increase or discount pricing.

The only way to deal with them is to constantly check and compare prices and shop other vendors and buy from the low cost supplier.

Last edited:
I have used it in a pinch several times and have to say I have NEVER been disappointed. The one thing I agree on it is a thicker cut so you do have to watch the heavy hands
So have u ever mixed it with other brands like maybe
Have u ever use Sysco brand and mixed with RD brand??

Last edited:
I quit buying entirely from Sysco distributors because they constantly keep changing their vendors for a given product. Apparently Sysco would be ok with going to a car dealer, signing a contract to buy a Cadillac and having a Ford Pinto delivered.

Last edited:
Back