Continue to Site

Table Cheese ?

Tony_Maronni

I just want some feed back. I have a small del/co dine in with 45 chairs, right now I use cheese shakers with parm/romano grated, but thinking of going to a blend of shaved asiago, parm amd romano cheese served in small bowls with little spoons. My tables are white table cloth with cloth napkins. All pizzas come with house salad and hot italian bread with EVOO and Balsamic vinegar.
Thank you for your input.
tony

Last edited:
Tony Maronni,

I am not 100% sure on health department regulations on dine in as I have never done them, however my concern with doing it the way you described would be the waste. As obviousy what ever is left in the bowl must be thrown out, where as with shakers it can be reused until depletion. So while the bowl and spoon would, in my opinion look a bit nicer, I think that you could end up seeing a substantial waste increase. Just a thought?

Last edited:
I am thinking of a solution that could handle both posts so far. The re-use of open containers of food being “frowned upon” in food safety realms, and the waste concerns (as if anyone is ever gonna leave any cheese in that bowl 🙂 ) means a tool is needed to intervene . . . I am thinking something like this item here could be both classy and food safe. There are all sorts of designs out there for this kind of item.

Maybe an idea for ya? Maybe not.

Last edited:
Tony;
No question that is a classy step up from the plain old cheese shaker, but just to play “The Devils Advocate” my concern would be over the spoon. Mom and Dad come in with two wild kids, and ultimately the conversation sounds something like this "Johnny! Stop eating the cheese like that (he is using the spoon to eat the cheese) it’s not for you! Mon replaces the spoon back into the bowl. Think it can’t happen? Ask me about my restaurant observations and experiences over a beer sometime. Along similar lines lies the reason why so many restaurants took out their salad bars a number of years ago. "Johnny! Stop eating like that! Mommy is putting some on a plate for you! or "Johnny! Put that back! You know you don’t like those! and the list goes on, and on…
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back