Continue to Site

Taco Pizza Recipe

I am thinking of adding a taco pizza to our menu, but I’m not sure which ingredients I should use or the process such as refried beans instead of sauce. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
TAco flavored ground beef
tomato
olives cheddar and mozz
i make homemade tortilla strips
and top it with lettuce

Last edited:
Thought about giving salsa a try as the “sauce?”

I’m working on a new southwestern pizza using Picante sauce in the place of pizza sauce. Not too chunky so it spreads well, but also not too watery either like some red salsas can be.

Last edited:
heres how we do it
no pizza sauce use taco sauce (not salsa)add your meat we use seasoned taco meat but you could use beef topping.onions,olives ,then add some mozzerella and cheeder my wife says the mozz kinda holds everything together and chedder gives the flavor .run through the oven when it comes out add your lettuce tomatos little sour cream top with little more chedder and serve with taco sauce.we recomend this as a dine in pizza only because after sitting in a box in a warmer or ontop of oven or customer delays picking it up it does not look so hot 😦 another item that people like along the same lines is a taco burger any of my west coast freinds that grew up on DEL TACO know where im coming from 😃 we have a zero percent hispanic population here so mexican food is rare up here we are slowly adding some to our menu easing people into it.

i had 5 dozen homemade tamales fed ex from CA. for the holidays last year for a party we had and had more than a couple people ask me what does the can look like so they could get some from the piggly wiggly :shock:

all i could think of was lord please help these people. :?

Last edited:
48.png
pizzabarntn:
heres how we do it
no pizza sauce use taco sauce (not salsa)add your meat we use seasoned taco meat but you could use beef topping.onions,olives ,then add some mozzerella and cheeder my wife says the mozz kinda holds everything together and chedder gives the flavor
You might consider putting taco seasoning into a dredger (shaker) and add when you put on the beef. It won’t be exactly the same as seasoning the beef up ahead of time, but the oven heat should bloom the seasonings at least a little bit and give you some taco flaover profile.

For the beans . . . use a very thin crust and think:

Chalupa Pizza . . . . refried beans, diced avocado or guacamole, lettuce and tomato . . . taco sauce side
Tosatada Pizza . . . . refried beans, seasoned beef diced avocado or guacamole, lettuce and tomato . . . taco sauce side

HECK!! Put them on a flour tortilla and bake in oven for a small extra crispy “pizza”

Last edited:
In my past life my taco pizza was as follows…

Regular crust…
sauce - pizza sauce, re-fried beans and salsa…
taco seasoned ground beef…
black olives…
onions…
cheese blend - Cheddar, Monterery Jack, Asadero and Queso Blanco…

After pizza was cooked it was topped with sour cream, fresh diced tomates and shredded lettuce…I tried to send out all pizzas assembled, however, upon request I would put these 3 items on the side…

Last edited:
Back