Continue to Site

Take and Bake

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I was wondering if anyone can help me locate a Distributor for “Take and Bakeâ€

Thanks Fat’s, I’ve been to their website, they don’t carry the window pizza box. And by the way you can trust me, I’m the skinny pizza guy :lol:

any large paper company can get you your supplies…do a google search for silicone baking paper…I used to use regular pan liners & cut them down…fits in the box fine & much cheaper & easier for the customer to use…

You might also try Sam’s, as they use those boxes…everything you see in Sam’s is for sale…you just need to get to the right manager…

But you can use regular pizza boxes just fine for you take & bake…no need for display window, as they prob see you making the pie anyway…

Last edited:
Thank you Patriot, I’ve google’d every conceivable combination of take and bake search. So-much-so I’ve caboogled my kazoogle. I’ve also asked the General Manager at my local Sam’s club and no go there as well. And to be frank I’d rather not, their Members Mark logo is stamped on the box.

I deal with some of the biggest distributors in the industry, SYSCO, USFOOD, ROMA FOODS and others. To my astonishment none of them carry the proper supplies for take and bake, unbelievable! I would prefer a distributor as my suppler but it looks like I must go out on my own to find the supplies. The toughest to find without having to order a gazillion is the window pizza box.

Thanks for your input.

Thank you royster, I’ve been to Smurfit Stone’s website as well.

Where are you located? If in the southeast, try www.dadepaper.com. I didn’t see them on their website, but they’ll bring in items for customers if you’ll go through a decent quantity. I would also ask about getting them custom printed. I get my custom boxes cheaper than I could buy generics.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, I’m in the Mid Atlantic Area, Pennsylvania. I tried the link you provided and the page isn’t opening.

I been open for 13 years at my location and have established a great clientele base. I’ve seen kids come to my shop when they barely could see over the counter and now their adults with kids, amazing. That’s how I know I’m getting old. In any event, I’ve been interested in Take and Bake for about a year, I’m ready to get serious about it and bring it on-line with my other products. I’m lucky enough to be in a market where Take and Bake has not been introduced yet, only at Sam’s club and some of the local grocers. No Papa Murphy’s here, YET! I know I should and I want to offer this very convenient product to my customer base and market it to potential prospective customers, before the Big Boys penetrate my market. I understand the significants of being first to market any new product, and how consumers will associate that product with your brand name. Thanks for the info.

Hi there, im opening a take-n-bake in the next few weeks. It has been hard to get supplies. What I think we will end up doing is using the disks you can get for cakes. Check out your local bakery distributor.

Last edited:
http://www.littleriversales.com/products.php

http://www.stewartspackaging.com/browse … -1000.html

http://www.papercon-inc.com/bakery.html

you might try the last link 1st…

still not sure why you need a window box…they cost more and are unneeded…a regular boz will do fine…

I used 2 do a T & B thing…switched over to DelCo…mo money, mo money…I’d be happy to help further…

I have some more info somewhere, but bottom line is it costs more $$$ 2 cut paper into circles…cut your own squares from regular sized liners…

Last edited:
what is the price difference between take and bake to say a regular pickup? if a large was 9.99 1 topping what would a take and bake of the same be?

you’re selling convenience…
you’re selling “home” cooking…
you’re selling a “better” product…
you’re selling a “Mother’s Love”…
you’re selling a fresher/better/bigger pizza…

as you see, there’s several avenues to follow…

we presented ours @ a 20% discount…

Last edited:
Roma didn’t have any? We are getting ready to roll out T&B and Roma is supplying us with the baking trays.
Tom R

Last edited:
I use a Deliwrap machine (www.restaurantequipment.com/deliwrap.html) and I put the pizzas on a pactiv tray. You want to make it as easy as possible for people and I have found if you can make it so they dont have tp take it off of a cardboard tray to bake it it is that much simpler for them. Then all you do is wrap it in the shrink wrap and you dont even need a box. It works great for me![/URL]

Last edited:
the baking trays are a poor substitute, IMHO, to silicone baking papers…you do get a slight cardboard taste/smell…parchment paper can utilize a higher temp than the trays and the bottom of the crust browns better…

the deli-wrap machine works fine, but when a customer orders 2 pies, it is harder for them to load into their car…

keep it simple guys…parchment paper on a cake circle in a traditional pizza box - all available from normal suppliers…you can logo the box & it keeps you competitive w/the majors…

btw - I did T & B for yrs…profits never compared to current DelCo ops…

T & B is cheaper 2 start, but the gross is not nearly as good…cheaper to staff tho…

Last edited:
I havent found any sort of taste from the trays but you can try it for yourself as they will send you some samples. As far as the deli wrap machine I think it is the best way to go. I sell lots of T&B and have only had a couple of people ask for them in a box so I cant see a problem with that and I think it gives you good presentation and ease of use.

Last edited:
Parchement paper works fine for those who have pizzas tones at home, but baking the oven rack is a little awkward, and then there’s the cutting. The two customers I had testing my take and bake pizzas liked the pressware pizza trays very much. Convenient, and we also did not detect any “off” flavors compared to fresh. The coating takes care of that, I believe.

While the baking paper works probably better in ovens with stones, etc, I find in my own experiences that the trays offer more flexibility and options to the consumer. The crust is decent enough, though not the same as in my big deck oven at the shop.

The trays can easily survive 450F for 30+ minutes as advertised. I’ve cooked pizzas in my home oven at 500F for 16 minutes with no issues at all. That is not at all a sanctioned use of the product, unless you test yourself, I wouldn’t tell customers to do so . . . . fire risk and all.

Last edited:
We’ve done the same thing for a good 15 years here, and I know that the method has critics (and with good reason at some points).

We simply make up the pizza inside a buttered aluminum pan, deli-wrap with the earlier mentioned deli wrapper, label and stick in case to sell. I hear a lot of people say it doesn’t work as well because the bright aluminum bottom doesn’t cook the pizza correctly, but because of the good coating oil, it crisps the crust while baking the rest very well, it is a good pan pizza texture and flavor. Crispy crust, no gumline, good stuff.

Most families love it, because there are no akward moments at all. Unwrap plastic, put in oven. A hotpad to remove it, it can be cut and served right from the tray, or easily removed with a spatchula. Seniors love it too, for the same reason.

Last edited:
Brian G - You say “no gumline” are you parbaking the shell at all? Or just putting a skin in the buttered pan, saucing, cheesing, wrapping, and refrigerating.

I am researching the possibility of doing T&B for a fundraiser and need to decide if I can adapt my thin crust recipe or if I should just go with a thicker crust square pizza.

Back