Continue to Site

Take & Bake looking into delco with fresh baked pizza

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I’m a new t&b and buisiness is good but it seems that i’m missing out on alot of orders because I don’t do baked pizzas or delivery. I have room in the back of my store to set up a convayor oven make line and shelving for the hot bags. What should I know about delco before I invest the money and the time? Right now I’m doing about 3000 to 3500 a week with labor cost at or below 10% food cost at 21% rent 985 a month and i’m making a living but would like to make more. There is one other indy in town that delivers but there pizza is of very poor quality and I get alot of requests to do delivery. What should I do ? Thanks for all of your help. Tony

Re: Take & Bake looking into delco with fresh baked pizz

I ran both a T & B and a DelCo yrs ago…the DelCo biz surpased the T & B side…

You can offer your customers a choice, like that one chain does (Figaro’s)

Last edited:

Thanks Patriotspizza i think you have just made up my mind :lol: One ? how much did it surpass your t&b sales? Tony

Check your health department for a package of uinfo on difference regulations that might be in place for a DelCO over the T&B. Building Code may be different as well . . . like number of bathrooms and the whole hood/ventilation thing.

Last edited:

we still did our wholesale biz, which was the bulk of our ops, but the DelCo side surpassed the retail T & B by an immeasurable amount…T & B has not quite caught on in Fla and I believe the profit potential will never match DelCos

Last edited:
Back