Continue to Site

telephone lines

Best choice? Voip may be the least expensive choice but may not be the best choice. How often does your internet go down or slow to a standstill? During these times will you be able to take orders? 90% of my business comes through my phone lines and I can’t take a chance to save a few bucks. I use ATT and by bundling local, long distance, and internet I am getting a 50% discount. In 23 years I can only remember my phones going down twice. Once because I forgot to pay the bill.

Last edited:
In the past 18 of doing business, (food and non food related) the only time I’ve had long phone outages were when we had VOIP services…
I use it at home I like it, but for a business… I don’t kow
we have 5 sequential numbers (4 voice, 1 Fax), a DSL line (for redundancy) and an additional phone number that we use for new marketing tracking and we’re at $430.00 a month.

Cable tells us they can save us a bundle but 2 years ago we made a switch and we had no phones for 2 WEEKS… fortunately this was an insurance agency and all of our literature had my cell phone number on it, so it was a pain but we managed… I can’t imagine losing the phone for 2 weeks in a pizzeria…

While cost may be a great concern to most of us out there business continuity and a reliable partner should far outweigh a couple of thousands a year in savings… 2 weeks of no business would prove to be much more costly…

Last edited:
Our phones are the lifeline of our business. While I do look for less expensive options they would never include internet based phone lines. Too many issues.

Last edited:
Back