Continue to Site

This new upcoming computer virus!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I just wanted to inform the masses as a friend of mine that works IT for the gov has himself worried a bit. There is a virus that has been released a while back that changes your DNS numbers and totally screws up your ability to connect to the internet. They have the servers that sent the virus out found and secure but with a catch. If they shut them down the virus will automatically release itself. Think “WARGAMES” the movie. You need to check if you have it and then fix it before Monday.

Go to the gov website of http://www.dcwg.org. CXlick detect and use the auto link (which was overloaded) or just scroll down and do the manual one. Goto Start menu, run, type in cmd, then in the command box type ipconfig /all and then compare your DNS server numbers with the list from the website that shows what to look for.

I checked all my systems and was clean so I am not sure how the fix works…but the site has the link to fix but you HAVE to fix before the virus hits on Monday. I am not sure what the fix after that will be. It takes 2 minutes to check this now. I can only guess how long if you get the virus on Monday.

Back