Time for a new prep table

Rick_G

Our equipment is aging as fast as we are. Our True prep table is 19 years old and has already had 3 service calls this year and now has another problem. I think it’s time has come.
We plan to retire in 4 to 5 years, so I am am looking at budget tables since it won’t matter to me if the thing lasts 6 years or 60. It only has to look shiny and be making cold still when we are ready to sell.
I saw a thread about Migali, and one that mentioned Afvantco (i own an Advanco cooler and have mixed feelings) . Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Last edited:
I bought 2 avantco 1 door reach in fridges. 1 of them didn’t last 1 year and we got a new one from them.

I have Marsals supreme pizza prep table. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought 2 avantco 1 door reach in fridges. 1 of them didn’t last 1 year and we got a new one from them.

I have Marsals supreme pizza prep table. It’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, my Avantco 2 door drink cooler works great except the thermostat died 14 months into a 12 month warranty.

Last edited:
I just purchased a new 93" Migali for $2400 delivered. I’m pretty sure that Migali, Atosa, Bison and a few others are exactly the same. If you’re not going to spend big money for one of the top branded units, my suggestion is buy the cheapest one at the right size for you.

Last edited:
I just purchased a SABA 67" to replace my 37 year old unit. I paid 2,000 for it but I also bought it locally from a dealer.

Last edited:
We’re adding a pizza option to our menu and need a quality table without breaking the bank. I’m looking at the Vortex brand refrigerated prep tables. Anyone have any experience with this brand? I can’t seem to find much about them online; just a few recent comments that all seem to be quite positive. For a brand that’s been around since 1989; I expected to find more reviews. I am inclined to think that no news is good news (When’s the last time you stopped to write a great review for a random piece of equipment in your business?) but would love any feedback you all can provide.

Last edited:
I just purchased a new 93" Migali for $2400 delivered. I’m pretty sure that Migali, Atosa, Bison and a few others are exactly the same. If you’re not going to spend big money for one of the top branded units, my suggestion is buy the cheapest one at the right size for you.
How is your pizza table holding up? I am considering the same unit. $2700 vs $6200 for a True. What’s your opinion.

Last edited:
I am inclined to think that no news is good news
I suggest you call your appliance repair guy and ask about them. The major brands have well earned reputations and often MUCH better parts channels.

In the end, $4,000 difference is peanuts. Even if you only want to get 5 years out of it, after the tax benefit the difference is what $2,500 - $3,000? A buyer of a business will also take into account the presence of name brand vs off-brand equipment. A small change in perception there could be worth a LOT more than a couple grand.

Do your research. I have rarely seen an item priced at 1/3 the cost of another that was truly a comparable item.

Last edited:
How is your pizza table holding up? I am considering the same unit. $2700 vs $6200 for a True. What’s your opinion.
I have a few Migali items, the oldest being about 3 years old, and I haven’t had any issues with mine.

Last edited:
It’s already been removed. It leaked so much water to the right side of the inside I couldn’t keep using it. Leaked from day one.

Last edited:
Back