time for conveyor

BigCityPizzaBoy

Hi I am opening a pizza spot in Nor Cal. I was told by previous owners whom by the way cooked his pie in a deep dish pan that he ran it on a conveyor for a bout seven minutes… I was told by another guy who runs his down on screens to go about 15 to 20 minutes… anyone have an op 🙂

Last edited:
Welcome!!

If you scroll through the think tank forum you will find several threads discussing bake time and temp for different conveyor ovens. the exact set up will depend on your specific model of oven and the unique charicteristics of your product. The 20 minute time sounds a little unreasonable to me. Read through the posts about oven set up, finger configuration, crust not browning, pizza not cooking etc to got an idea of what you need to look at.

We cook in a little less than 6 min at 465F, but then again that is with my ovens, configured as they are, with my dough, my cheese etc. etc.

Rick G

Last edited:
There are 3 stores in the city I am in that have identical ovens and the time and temperature at each store varies a lot. One store runs 9 minutes at 490 another 10 minutes at 500 and the other 7 minutes at 545. All three bake in pans and have the cheese on the top.

Last edited:
THANKS…
i WILL BE GETTING READY FOR MY THURSDAY OPENING…
i HAVE A TON MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT SAUCES AND SPEED…
i AM CHOOSING TO DO SCREENS OPPOSED TO PANS… HOW DO YOU FEE ABOUT THAT.

Last edited:
i AM USING RODS WHITE SAUCE AND SPICING IT UP A BIT… i AM TRYING TO MAKE A 18 INCH THIN CRUST PIE WHICH HAS A NICE ELASTICITY SOME, I AM PLANNING TO GO WITH 18 TO 20 OZ… THEN PUTTING THAT ON A SCREEN, IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOK TIME OF THE WHITE AND RED SAUCES?

Last edited:
48.png
BigCityPizzaBoy:
i AM CHOOSING TO DO SCREENS OPPOSED TO PANS… HOW DO YOU FEE ABOUT THAT.
Using screens to start your business is the cheap way to go. But if you consider your business in the long term you might consider Lloyd pizza disks. They are highly recommended by experts like Tom Lehmann and they will save you money in the long run.

Screens need to be replaced fairly frequently and they plug up, blocking and changing your pizza quality. Pizza disks last for years (some still in use since 1993), are easy to clean, come pre-seasoned and never clog up. Search this forum for more information.

Last edited:
Ditto on the disc v. screen IF your start up finances allow it. You will NOT regret it, nor will you have to replace them.

On our deep-dish, we are currently sending the pie through with just the cheese to “par-bake” it, then dress the pie and put it back for a full cycle to finish. We’re using a XLT3255 set at 465 degrees, 6:30 or so on the time. I’m actually going to toss a deep in in just a few moments to see what this oven will do without the par-bake routine. We use a unique dough with a lot of butter and egg and at times we get the sides just the slightest bit too crispy for my liking.

Last edited:
Back