Continue to Site

Toms New York style pizza

RJEJ

Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but I tried to watch his vid through the pizza tv link and kept saying the video was private. I imagine this is the correct location to see it? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
On the pmq main page on the left side menu…goto the dough info center link and click the “how to make pizza dough” and it links to the youtube links for video 1a, 1b, 2, & 3. Four vids…takes 30 mins or so…and gives a great starting point for dough. If this is not what you are looking for…send Tom a message in the ask the experts links and Tom will get back to you. He is a great help in all aspects! Let me know if I can help further! - Michael

RJEJ, depending on what part of the country you’re in, I’d be happy to have you in to the Pub and share what little I know about making and holding dough. I’m sure many of the other Tankers would make the same offer…as long as you’re not, you know…too close 😃

Last edited:
Thanks guys. And deaconvolker, I’m located just outside of Washington DC. How bout u? So here’s my situation(summarized). I have the ability to give up a great job(but hate the commute)to take over a well known sandwich/breakfast takeout deli. It’s been around forever and it’s about 300 ft from my house. If I did it I would eventually want to introduce pizza to the shop and over time make that my bread and butter. I’ve been making pizza for a few months now as often as I can and I’m real happy with the results. My family comes from new York and I love the pizza up there. That’s why I was inquiring about Toms recipe. Just to see if there may be something extra I may be able to add to make it any better.

Last edited:
Ah…I’m south of Chicago so if you don’t like your commute now…

I’m sure there’s a Tanker out in your area that would let you stop by and pick the ol’ brain a bit. If not and if time isn’t a crush, make time to visit the NAPICS show next year. Tom and Jeff will be there sharing a TON of pizza knowledge with anyone who stops by the booth. They also host what I call “Pizza Camp” at AIB once a year as well. VERY much worth your time to go and learn at a true pizza boot camp.

Good luck with your decision. My only advice is make sure you make the move with your head, not your heart. It can be a rewarding career move…or is can suck you down to where you never recover. Be sure your numbers are as real as your desire.

Last edited:
Back