Continue to Site

Troubles with Liguria - Anyone Else?

WhollyStromboli

Our local distributor PFG/Roma is completely out of all Liguria pepperoni and salami, both stick and pre-sliced. Our sales rep initially said it may be a week before they get restocked, but the latest word is that it may be a couple of weeks. When I called the Liguria rep, he was pretty tight lipped about it, but said they have reduced their production by about 30% and wouldn’t elaborate.

Anyone have any more info on this?

Eric

Last edited:
Seems they were bought out by CTI Foods in Feb of last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were shutting down the product line.

Last edited:
Ezzo or bust baby for Pepperoni. Price has came down $10/case for 25 lbs too btw. I pay $79/case FWIW and Hormel is $74/case so it was a no brainer when we switched and still is today at least in my opinion. We go thru about 3 times the pepperoni in Cali as opposed to Chicago, where sausage is king.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks. I’ve checked out Ezzo and will request a sample. Anyone have a good large (deli sliced) salami they like?

Last edited:
I was not able to get it from my other major providers either for al while. Was told that they signed major contracts with big time chain pizza places and they are focusing on providing them first. I switched over to classic margarita which has improved and has a competetive price

Last edited:
Who do you get Ezzo from in Colorado Springs ?
I’ll ask my distributor today as I know he has a distributor in Colorado. He also carries the 14-16 ct which is the normal size pepperoni as opposed to the small ones Ezzo is known for. Just takes so long to do XL pizzas with those small ones so he now carries the 14-16 and they’re amazing! Ezzo or bust!

Last edited:
I’ll ask my distributor today as I know he has a distributor in Colorado. He also carries the 14-16 ct which is the normal size pepperoni as opposed to the small ones Ezzo is known for. Just takes so long to do XL pizzas with those small ones so he now carries the 14-16 and they’re amazing! Ezzo or bust!
NOOICE!! Thanks for reppin’ us HARD!

Last edited:
Our local distributor PFG/Roma is completely out of all Liguria pepperoni and salami, both stick and pre-sliced. Our sales rep initially said it may be a week before they get restocked, but the latest word is that it may be a couple of weeks. When I called the Liguria rep, he was pretty tight lipped about it, but said they have reduced their production by about 30% and wouldn’t elaborate.

Anyone have any more info on this?

Eric
We’ve increased our production by 150%! Get at me, bruh!

Last edited:
Ive been reading really great comments about Ezzo pepperoni for 3 years now, nobody in the New Hampshire area carries it.

Last edited:
Back