TV Interview

MSPW11

We have been asked to do a TV interview tomorrow for our local news station and my wife is terrified and nervous. She is thinking of having our manager be the one interviewed. (I work another job and not onsite during the day.)

We are doing a fundraiser to raise money to buy Christmas gifts for children in our community. 20% of all sales tomorrow will be donated.

We had the TV station send over the list of questions to give us time to think about what she (or my manager) is going to say.

Any tips to remember or things to say or not to say? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Here is the list of questions and the response that I typed up. I don’t want them to read it word for word, but this gives them an outline:

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO HELP RAISE MONEY FOR THE ANGELS FOR VIKINGS EVENT?

n We try to give back to the community every chance we get. When presented with the opportunity to help raise money, it was a no-brainer! To see a child, go without on Christmas is a parents’ worse nightmare and we want to do our part to help make sure that doesn’t happen!

HOW MUCH ARE YOU HOPING TO RAISE?

n We don’t have a certain dollar figure goal, but we want to raise enough to make sure every child on the list has a gift they can unwrap on Christmas.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO BE ABLE TO HELP PROVIDE CHRISTMAS FOR NEEDY FAMILIES IN TAYLOR COUNTY?

n It means everything. The only reason we are in business is because of our customers here in Taylor County. To be able to give back to those less fortunate is a wonderful feeling.

THERE HAS BEEN A BIG OUTPOURING OF SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY. DOES THIS RESPONSE MAKE YOU PROUD TO LIVE IN TAYLOR COUNTY? IF SO, EXPLAIN WHY?

n Absolutely! Living in a small town has its advantages and this is one of them. It’s nice to see the community come together to help one another.

Last edited:
Back