Under-counter Dough Storage !!!

ad80

please excuse me if this topic has been discussed previously, I have searched older threads but not to much info was found. we are currently building out a new location and space is tight. want to utilize under-counter storage for dough trays what I have been finding is that most units have a step shelf because the compressor is in the rear, I believe beverage air and some trues have the compressor on the side which gives more depth to the unit, please correct me if I am wrong. For those of you that utilize this type of storage which manufacturers seem to work best for the standard dough trays " cambro" or similar. thank you for your input

Last edited:
We have a true where I’m at but as you’re saying you’re limited in space the one we use is pretty long I don’t know that it would work you can check their website out we have room underneath for our dough storage.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We have a true where I’m at but as you’re saying you’re limited in space the one we use is pretty long I don’t know that it would work you can check their website out we have room underneath for our dough storage.

which true are you using? we are limited by not having space for a full walk-in but have wall space

Last edited:
True tpp-93. It’s an older model but they have similar looking models that are newer as well.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you sure you’re even going to need it?

If you going to do volume you’d have dough out waiting for orders coming up to room temp.
If you have a walk-in cooler just store dough in there, and bring out a few trays at a time.
Under counter dough storage doesnt seem that worth it to me.

Last edited:
I suppose if you’re in Alaska where it’s always a cool atmosphere it could work, but I would never advise anyone to use reach-ins for dough storage. Your dough performance will suffer.

The best way to make it work however, is to make your dough at the end of the night when you can put it away undisturbed. Not a very practical labor situation though.

Last edited:
I suppose if you’re in Alaska where it’s always a cool atmosphere it could work, but I would never advise anyone to use reach-ins for dough storage. Your dough performance will suffer.

The best way to make it work however, is to make your dough at the end of the night when you can put it away undisturbed. Not a very practical labor situation though.
We needed to free up some space in our walk-in so we purchased a True Spec Series 2dr reachin for our doughballs and it has worked great. Never used a prep table for doughballs though

Last edited:
Back