Continue to Site

unique delivery vehicles

paul7979

Just wanted to see who has a unique delivery vehicle here. I know Otis has an electric car, anyone else have something eye catching? I’m hoping to get a 2008 Smart for Two and have it wrapped. Just looking for some ideas.

Last edited:
I was openeing a place in Charleston SC, on an island. It was going to be called Mister Cacciatores…

The plan was to have a fleet of golf carts painted like NY city taxi cabs…

It never happened…makes me sad…

but oh well…

Otis’s car is very cool

Last edited:
I looked into a Smart Car when I was making a choice for a delivery vehicle.
Pros: Looks cool and gets noticed
Good fuel economy

Cons: Can only fit about 10 pizzas in at one time (not good when the schools are ordering 60 at a time)
Not too good in the -40 weather around these parts.

I started off with a PT Cruiser that got noticed quit a bit… but it went to the lemonade factory. I now have a Liberty with reflective lettering that shines when other headlights hit it.

Last edited:
my GEM works well for me, a fleet of them may not be a good idea…

for close deliveries, and mild weather like Florida, I like the idea of bicycles, somehow decorated to be eye-catching
Domino’s has a couple of bicycles by the ASU campus in AZ.
They do not use them much, they sit outside and look cool though…
takes better than your average cyclist to execute on it…
Otis

60.png
thepassionofthecrust:
I was openeing a place in Charleston SC, on an island. It was going to be called Mister Cacciatores…

The plan was to have a fleet of golf carts painted like NY city taxi cabs…

It never happened…makes me sad…

but oh well…

Otis’s car is very cool
Wow, knowing how beautiful and traveled that area is, it would have been a fantastic adventure. What happened?

PD

Last edited:
Here’s my ultimate unique car, but It’ll be a few years till I can afford it. If the time comes that I earn what a big league ball player earns, I’ll absolutly buy one. Cool, unique, and saving the environment!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Last edited:
reserved my Smart in September. Hope to get it in 2008. Will probably reserve another this week.

Last edited:
I read (I think in PT) a few years ago about a pizzeria in Phoenix that had purchased a Plymouth Prowler & had it custom painted with their logo, phone #, etc. I loved the idea, but have yet to follow through - when you think about it, it’s probably a lot cheaper than a high traffic area billboard would be, and be far more attention grabbing to boot. If anyone’s got an extra $40k, just send it to me & I’ll let everyone know how it works! :lol:

Last edited:
Smart Car is the cat’s meow alright, wrapping it will be neat…

looks like it could be a little cramped for pizzas, eventhough the inside may be plenty big for most of your deliveries…
the 1 liter motor should work good…my electric GEM would not cut it where you are, range to much and frequent charging would be inadequate…small area with frequent charging the GEM would work,
Otis

Back