Continue to Site

Up Royster's Alley...

Patriot_sPizza

sort of…

I’ve had/have 4 new competitor’s pop up over the last few months/weeks, so we’ve stepped up our marketing efforts as a strong defense…

We’ve been mailing out a modified Karrington letter, giving away a free 12" pie (carry-out only/limited offer period) as well as including a menu…

I’m now thinking of re-doing the letter, slightly, and rather than redeeming the letter, getting a custom magnet that can/would be redeemed for the same free pie &/or a $5 off on a $20 sale…

Reckon the magnet would stick around on the fridge and they might eventually call/use it - then we would replace that magnet w/another regular store magnet…

I’d get a fair portion of the promo media back, to send out to a new prospect or it would stay on the fridge for a reminder or trashed…

Royster - your input?

Others?

Last edited:
I have had a few clients use magnets to give away free pizzas…Most recently a magnet was used as in insert in a “Welcome Wagon” package…These envelopes (with a bunch of freebies) were distributed to newcomers and most were redeemed within a couple weeks…Although at this point the total number distributed is quite small…

My best guess is a magnet will get a better redemption rate than a letter or coupon because magnets get put in an easy spot to find…If it is on the fridge it may be accessible to all in the household but in a letter or coupon it may get filed out of view…But this is not based on enough data to make this a “scientific” conclusion…

PS…I have also done magnetic memo boards for a few pizza clients…Some let local schools sell them a fund raiser…Usually with a sheet of coupons including a few pizza…Sometimes the school keeps all the proceeds and other times the revenue is split with the pizza place…

Last edited:
Back