Continue to Site

USP/Point of Difference

Patriot_sPizza

As we’re gearing up for our new venture, we’re revisiting our USP…

I’d appreciate the TT member’s current USP’s…

Last edited:
Local Pizza Tastes Better

We back it up with local ownership, hyper local product-sourcing, support of local schools, churches, and organizations, etc.

I think it is important to be able to firmly back up your USP. A restaurant just opened next door to me and they seem to be focused on “Fresh”. However, the menu items and preparation I’ve seen from their kitchen are not fresh (e.g. a frozen hamburger patty with frozen waffle fries, pastas that are sautéed in brown cream sauces, pre-cut pre-cooked Andouille sausage from Sysco). Makes the USP meaningless in my eyes…

To quote Rush Limbaugh ( I think)- words mean things!!!

Last edited:
I saw a sign today that said “Our Pizzas Are Made in Maple Ridge”…I guess that is saying they start from scratch locally as opposed to coming par-baked from a commissary…

Last edited:
We do five different stuffed crusts (Cheese, Cheese and chive, Chilli Cheese, Cheese and pepperoni and our new Bacon and cheese) plus the occassional special crust. Stuffed crust is a great order value booster at $2 per pizza. Adds a minimum of 15% to each of our pizzas.

We did push fresh and local as our USP for a while but it is hard to show and prove which is why our competitiors copied so we went for the stuffed crusts as this was a tangable USP that also added value. (And our competitors have given up playing catch up on this one.)

Last edited:
Nice! We played with a stuff crust a while ago…got food customer response as well…we were using shredded cheese, burn perhaps you’d share your secrets? I imagine a slice/tube of cheese might be easier, or a creamed base…we even used mozzarella sticks for a kick…

I may have to hang onto that idea…"what type of crust would you like…thin, traditional or stuft?

Last edited:
Back