Continue to Site

V.O.I.P. anyone made the switch with 4+ rollover lines?

Thin2win

Has anyone switched over to Voice over internet phone service? how is the quality? have you had any issues with downtime? Sound quality/droped calls? What about the savings are they what they are saying 30-40% cheaper than land line service providers?

Thanks in advance as always!
Thin2win

Last edited:
Gave it a try and did “save” some money but switched back to a land line provider due to multiple instances of down time; which always seemed to occour on a Friday or Saturday night. Since we made the switch back I haven’t had any issues with down time. IMO, the reliability of the service justifies the extra cost of the land line provider.

Last edited:
I could never bring myself to switch. I see when the internet goes down, and
is sometimes down for quite a while. With voip, obviously, no internet… no phone.
No way!

Last edited:
Brighthouse is our cable provider in Orlando & we use an auto-attendant via Nextiva…

I’ve only had one problem in two years, but it was massive…

We also have it set to ring my cell phone on the 4th ring…

Last edited:
All my lines are cell phone and V.O.I.P. based. When we bought our shop, we had two lines that were about $80/mo. I moved my number to a cell phone that forwards to a google voice number that rings any number I want and I can schedule the hours as I please. T-Mobile dipped into VOIP, but dropped out awhile back, and I still have a line on that plan that costs $15/mo.

When someone calls our shop, the cell phone forwards to the google voice number that rings our VOIP line. If it’s a Tuesday afternoon and someone is calling in an order and another person calls, they get forwarded to VM that says “all our lines are currently busy, please wait a couple minutes and try us again.” I then have magic jack lines that come into play on busier nights and if we’re really getting hammered, and I’m not there, the staff calls me. I activate my cell phone, use logmein.com to get on my office computer from home and rock out orders. With the 5 computers I have operating in my shop, plus the VOIP line, I could realistically have 6 lines for $35/mo.

Last edited:
Back