Continue to Site

voip phone system

I bought 4 VOIP phones for $75 from eBay…

I pay $99/month for those 4 lines and the auto attendant…

Nice, but a bit pricey…but cheaper than ma bell…

Last edited:
Nextiva.com

2nd go 'round with them…

I’ve yet to have them do anything, once we got set up…

Yes, I had a MAJOR problem a few years ago…but for just one nite…

More robust now and more redundant…

But you can have calls routed to your cell as well or first, as a safe guard…

Last edited:
I saw that pizza phone system at the food shows and really liked some of the features - especially the call sequencer and its ability to handle unlimited incoming calls with something like an add-on-hold message. It really is designed with pizza in mind.

Still, I’m too skittish from the before when someone besides the actual phone company had control of my phone number. I can’t remember the last time my land line went down, but all my internet connections are buggy from time to time. So I chickened out, resigned with Centrex and bought a new digital-phone system.

Last edited:
before I bought my pizza place I was in IT for many years and I am def what one would call a nerd . The Voip has changed and is really more stable then it was years ago , we use comcast ( i know dont laugh) but we have only had one issue where we had a storm that knocked all the internet, power and cable service . So not really their fault.

on a side note I think the 199 is a bit much .

Last edited:
Is anyone using VOIP directly without the VOIP phones? IE Are you answering calls directly on your computer? If so, what has your experience with this been?

Last edited:
Answering phones from a ‘soft phone’ on your pc may or may not throw a monkey wrench into your POS…I know the old style cheapies…

I used to use an LinkSys adapter, to take the Internet line to a traditional (POTS) phone…works great…I’ve got two for sale if ya want 'em…$50 each…

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, Patriot.

I am actually a software developer/consultant designing my own in house POS so I will have a greater ability to integrate the call answering user interface into my POS system.

However, this is not a trivial process so I will for some interim period of time face the same issue.

I am also using Nextiva for my VOIP provider. They have a demonstrated record of superior uptime on their end.

I like many of the aspects of the $199 system and the folks that created it are local to me. However, when I last spoke with them they did not have any avenue for me to integrate their product into the one I am developing, so I am not pursuing them as an option at this time.

Last edited:
Back