VOIP (Pizza Cloud)

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by Steve, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Registered Guest

Registered Guest Well-Known Member

Really?

Why? Because I bring up the point that having 6 "backup centers" makes no sense - especially as the solution to 2 "backup centers" failing.

Maybe 8 or 12 would be even better. Does it need to be even numbers?

2. John P Scully

John P Scully New Member

actually, the purpose of the additional data centers is geographic diversity. we were occasionally running into situations where there was nothing wrong on our end and nothing wrong at customer end but a problem somewhere in between was blocking traffic. i.e. something like a peering problem between level 3 and another carrier. so we have turned up in Google LA, google north west, google Iowa and google south caroline in addition to our columbus idiots and trenton TN locations.
    so, customers in the north west are primary on google NW failover to columbus or trenton. people in south east are primary on google SC failover to trenton. each customer is using one primary one failover.
    in addition since we are now looking at having over 5,000 customers added in next two years i wanted "more baskets"

3. blue sky day

blue sky day Member

Is anyone using pizza cloud with Point of Success?

pos saying it won't work. That the caller id info won't work with their software... anyone using both services? I would love to update my ancient phones...

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

We use speedline and it doesn't "technically" work with them either, its just the caller id is hosted on pizza clouds servers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. blue sky day

blue sky day Member

Does the caller id info show up on your pos touchscreen? So you know who is calling...for delivery and marketing purposes?

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

Yes, it just behaves slightly differently than the normal caller ID due to the way the upsell messaging and stuff like that works. Give them a call, they can tell you for sure if itll work like it does for us

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

blue sky day likes this.