Continue to Site

Walk in or not?

thompsonly

building out a new store. the walk in dimension only 6.5" x 5.5". is it worth it or just put in refrigerations?

Last edited:
I once had a walk-in that size, backed up w/a couple of reach-ins…

I’d go bigger if possible & reduce the use of reach-ins, but would go w/the walk-in, as you can squeeze more into it…

Last edited:
Without Walk in

Pro:
save on electricity
mobile
easy clean up
relocation

Con:
Less space

walk in will replace with a six door refrigeration, a two door refrigeration and a roll in refrigeration for dough proofing

correct me if i’m wrong.

i’m leaning toward without walk in. give me some points to change my decision.

thanks

Last edited:
48.png
thompsonly:
building out a new store. the walk in dimension only 6.5" x 5.5". is it worth it or just put in refrigerations?
If you have 6.5’ x 5.5’ interior with 7’ ceiling, then you would have 250.25 cubic feet nominal space. That’s prodigious, if you can use most of it. Call for the walk-in. If the dimensions you give are for OUTSIDE dimensions, then I need to rethink and get interior dimensions.

Last edited:
If you plan to retard your dough, you can fill up a reach in quickly, whereas you can’t fill up a larger walk-in as quickly. Also the door to a reach-in opens up most of the interior to warmer air when opened, which a walk-in doesn’t do.

In short, you will have a much longer recovery time and cooling time if you load it with trays of dough.

Last edited:
I started w/reach-ins…never had enough room…when I got a walk-in, my life was 10x’s easier…and it was a small one…

Last edited:
walk in for sure you will save on elec and you won’t put the extra heat in the kitchen

just make sure you seal with a good guy and not some flt by nightmare guy

Last edited:
Hello,This is an extemely fast decision why in the world would you want to load your place up w/ reach ins?When you have the option of a Walk In?Don’t you plan on growing? Guess what I am suggesting? WALK IN !!
Code:
                Don't even think of another option Trust Me
                             Niccademo

Last edited:
Most all the pizza shops we equip have 8’ X 10’ walk in coolers or larger. Freezer space usually a two door unit. You need refrigerated and freezer space to buy at good food product pricing levels. Small orders = higher costs.

George Mills

Last edited:
Back