Continue to Site

want to add milkshakes to menu

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I want to add milkshakes to my menu and I am not sure how to go about it. Do the major ice cream vendors provide the equipment like some of the coffee makers or am I all on my own? Of the major brands is there one that stands out as far as service and other nonequipment items are concerned. If getting the equipment is all on me who should I look at? Who has the best mixer for the money? And last, but not least, what do you all say to adding milkshakes?
As always thanks in advance for your help.

2 the best of my knowledge, you’ll have 2 provide all your equipment. You might find a local ice cream mfg to supply you with a small freezer.

You can find all you wish on ebay, at decent prices…

I used to use a soft serve machine, but you don’t need that…

I also used a machine like those used @ MickeyD’s, but a simple Hamilton Beach spindle mixer will do…

I’m now partial to using a Blend-Tec, as it is way faster & will blend ANYTHING…8 oz milk, 1/3 cup of ice, 3 C. of ice cream & in 30 seconds, its a shake…great for smoothies

Last edited:
guest:
I want to add milkshakes to my menu and I am not sure how to go about it. Do the major ice cream vendors provide the equipment like some of the coffee makers or am I all on my own? Of the major brands is there one that stands out as far as service and other nonequipment items are concerned. If getting the equipment is all on me who should I look at? Who has the best mixer for the money? And last, but not least, what do you all say to adding milkshakes?
As always thanks in advance for your help.
plenty of ice cream distributors will supply the equipment, free of charge, as long as you use their ice cream exclusively. as far as shakes are concerned, they are much more involved and tricky to produce than you might think. first, they require a huge amount of ice cream and you must charge accordingly - price resistance is not uncommon when it comes to shakes. second, they can be a hassle to make if you get busy and meeting a customer’s expectations (too thin, too thick, too warm) can be a big challenge…

Back