What all am I going to need for hardware?

indie_pizza

Hoping to order POS software in the next couple days here. I’m trying to price what I’m going to need for hardware and peripherals when I’m ready to set up. I’ll have a front of house register, two phone stations, a kitchen monitor and an office master station.

I know I’ll need at least:
  1. 5 CPUs
  2. 5 monitors
  3. 5 keyboards and mice (I’ll switch the front register station to a touchscreen as soon as I can)
  4. Magnetic reader for swiped cards
  5. Thermal printer for kitchen
  6. Cash drawer for register
What else will I need?

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT use a thermal printer for the kitchen. Any time you touch a printout with oily fingers the print will magically disappear. You will also need a printer to print reciepts and driver dispatch tickets. You may also want a label printer for box labels.

Last edited:
Thanks Daddio. Would the receipts and driver dispatch tickets come from the same printer? If not, what kind of printer am I going to want to use for dispatch?

Last edited:
If you dispatch from the till you can use the same printer for recirpt and dispatch tickets.

Last edited:
I have a whozz calling caller ID box that I don’t use. I’d sell it for pretty cheap. Its a 4 liner too, not a 2 line like the one shown.

Last edited:
Oh, those are a nice addition. They automatically bring up the callers account instead of having to type it in, right?

Last edited:
Yes, touch the line one button on the computer screen and the phone number from line one is automatically inputed into the POS and the address comes up if it is already in the database. Saves time and much more importantly, keeps mistakes from happening.

Last edited:
  1. Cash drawer for register
I have a brand new cash drawer that I never set up to my computer system. It plugs into a reciept printer and gets triggered from it. I think this is pretty standard for the POS ststems. If you want to pay for shipping, I’ll send it to you.

Last edited:
48.png
paul7979:
  1. Cash drawer for register
I have a brand new cash drawer that I never set up to my computer system. It plugs into a reciept printer and gets triggered from it. I think this is pretty standard for the POS ststems. If you want to pay for shipping, I’ll send it to you.
Heck yeah! PM on the way. Thanks Paul.

Last edited:
Back