Continue to Site

What do you consider to be a banging business???

jokergerm

I was reading the thread about marketing tips for a banging busniess and i was wondering what kind of weekly sales you consider to be a banging business, so i have a point of refference.

I consider my 2 stores to be almost banging i guess. We average about 12k a week at my new store and about 10k a week and my old store ( by old i mean 1 year old)

I am rather happy with my sales. I would like to see 15k a week but i think with my rent under 2500 for both stores combined and pay roll under 15k a month total for both stores, that we are doing ok

Looking for some feed back on what a “banging business” is

Last edited:
I first thought was to say a banging business would have to have sales over the average Domino’s and Pizza Hut. With labor and food costs under 50% of sales. 😃

My second thought was to say a banging business should give you a six figure income these days. 😃

But I really think that if you have a banging business you are happy and satisfied no matter how the books look. 😃

Last edited:
I can respect that.

Do you have an idea of what an average dominos does a week or month? i would guess the national average for a dominos is 50k a month

My food and labor range from 50-55% never higher

Last edited:
joker what is the population of your service area and what kind of town is it (college, tourists, etc).

Bryan

Last edited:
To me “bangin” is unique to the market and buildout. Bangin in 600 square feet in a small town sit down is very different from bangin in 2000 square feet in a major campus delco.

For us bangin is Christmas week. 1600 square foot delco in a resort market. In a good year we will do 30K in a week but we only get to do that one week per year. Otherwise, anything above 15K per week is quite good.

Last edited:
I am in the suburbs of ny. With the cost of living so high, a banging business I’d say would be about 20k a week. Not to say my pArtner and I don’t make a decent living on 500k a year but I want to be rich. Not comfortable.

Last edited:
48.png
piemaker2007:
joker what is the population of your service area and what kind of town is it (college, tourists, etc).

Bryan
my new store is in a town with a population of 30k. with a average income of 30k. There is a domions that does over 100k a month, I know cause i hired the manager, a papa murphys that does about the same, and 4 other mom and pop places and me. And we have been doing really well in my book. Yes we have a Community college but its only 1500 people and we dont go there much

My other store is in a retirement town 20 miles away were the average age is 62, yes the average and the average income is 55k. And we a have a domions and a papa murphys, Pizza factory went out of business 1 year after we opend up, and there is 2 other mom and pop places and US.

Last edited:
Of course, there are a lot of variables (mostly pricing) and I think you’re more than aware of that. For my business concept, I have to do $3500/wk to break even with me working 40+ hours a week. That includes a very large mortgage and equipment loan payment. Although I was lucky to hit 3K/wk when we took over, we’re very comfortable now. I think we’ll peak at about 7K/wk, I don’t think our small kitchen can handle much more volume than that.

But, with our model and what our family needs, I don’t think either my wife or I would need to work at that volume.

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
I can respect that.

Do you have an idea of what an average dominos does a week or month? i would guess the national average for a dominos is 50k a month

My food and labor range from 50-55% never higher
The latest figures I saw where close to that. I think it was 660K per year. Thats about 55k per month.

50-55% is great. I am between 50-55% as well. I will hit about 880K this year. '09 was 799k.

Last edited:
Are you 1 store or 2?

We have 2.

You should be making about 25% profit if your doing 880k a year in one location

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
Are you 1 store or 2?

We have 2.

You should be making about 25% profit if your doing 880k a year in one location
I have 1 store. 25% is right. I am thinking about another location in 5 years or so. Depending on the right people will be the main factor for another “banging business”.

Last edited:
If you’re making enough money and are happy with what you’re doing, then you’ve got a bangin’ business!

Last edited:
Back