Continue to Site

what exactly is grand opening

boston09

i changed the name of my store and want to have a grand opening with a big banner announcing name change and saying something like “now open. grand opening september 15th !” so i am not a new place, just changed name, but want to get the most out of it, not sure how thow, its not like there was vanilla box and now a piiza store. also, if right now i am in sort of soft opening period, but want to have a grand opening later - what exactly grand opening is if i’ve been open (operating under new name) for 2 month now? so how can i make say 3rd week of september some sort of “official grand opening week”? should i announce halfprice on all pizzas? i feel like grand opening day or week must be somehow special, different from any other day/week. not sure what, want to do something “bomb”. help, please.

Last edited:
You can have a Grand Opening with the new name, or if you feel more comfortable, you can have a grand reopening. A little country store/ restaraunt place in the next town over just did that on the 4th after a remodel. They got an added kick by having a couple of local politicians who are gearing up for primaries to have gatherings there and speak to their supporters and answer questions. Built in customers as most pols will have all their campaign workers show up to make the crowd look bigger and although it is still early, a lot of people are interested in politics this go around because the economy is such a mess.

Last edited:
Why half off on “all” pizzas? Why not have one special and make it a really big one to get people’s attention? But don’t give away all the profits. I agree with Grand Re-Opening, but I think in your case Grand Opening is more than acceptable. Get street walkers with signs to bring attention too, dress em up like pizza, use balloons, banners, whatever. Much has been done before, but you don’t have to necessarily be original. You just want to get people in. Good Luck!

Last edited:
The is no “Grand Opening police”, you can call anything a “Grand Opening”. For that matter, you can have a “Grand Opening” every Monday night. (I’m not saying it would be a good idea, just that no one will show up and bust you for doing it). To not abuse the term, you should have SOMETHING to justify the event, but what you do (great deals) or not do, (just hoopla), is up to you.

Last edited:
If you don’t want to say ‘Grand Opening’, you can just say ‘New Pizza Outlet on an Old Shop’. You have a chance to portray yourself to be much better, efficient and best in the quality than your earlier shop. You can bring new theme and a new menu in your eating place. Whatever you do, you must make your customer feel that it is better than earlier.

Last edited:
Back