What Software or Website has helped you?

Scott_Hack

Or made your life easier so far this year?

http://www.logmein.com
My brother introduced me to this website earlier this year. My POS system doesn’t have the ability to log into it remotely built in… but with LogMeIn, I can be ANYWHERE I have a net connection and log into my computer at work as if I was sitting there. It is so much easier to do payroll, change prices, etc, and I get to do it at home, rather then at work… which almost makes it not like work. Best of all, it is FREE to use. They do have a Pro version, but the free version has all the power I need.

Any one else have a piece of software, or web app that they would like to share? I’m looking for business related stuff.

-Scott

[/url]

Last edited:
I’ve used Macro Magic from Iolo for a long time. I love that little program. You can make any type of macro that you want and it will run in any program, either using keystrokes, mouse movements or both.

I use it to clean up my database by automating reverse directory searches. I made a macro to automatically copy the phone number, flip to the reverse directory search, enter it, copy the address and go back to the database to plug it all in. I have another that automatically does address correction.

We also use it for several macros on the POS system. Selling a Lunch Buffet on our POS takes about 7 button presses. We wrote a macro to do them all automatically (in less than a second). So when we sell a buffet now, we just press F2 and it hits all the buttons taking you right to the settlement screen.

Back