what sould i add to a can of stanislaus saporito

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

hi pizza lovers every were i will be opening a pizza shop soon and i need to know what to add to a can of stanislaus saporito.Every pizza guy i know say’s that there pizza suace is top secret and nobody will help me.can somebody anybody plaese help me. o and how long can i save the pizza sauce in a fregerator???after how long sould i thru it out??

Our recipe is also a secret, so don’t tell anyone else 😃

2 cans saporito w basil
2 cans 7-11 ground pear tomatoes
1.5 cans water
spice blend

I recently started adding more water as I decided my sauce was to thick to handle easily, and my yield was out of whack. Saporito will handle the water load I use very easily. I use 3.25 ounces of a spice blend. Basically 1:1:1 dried oregano, black pepper and granulated garlic. I get very fresh, high end spices for brightness of flavor and less flavorless junk floating in my sauce. Let stand overnight for flavor melding. Stir and add water the next day as needed for spreading consistency.

It never last more than a couple three days before it is all used up, but you should be able to go 5 to 7 if you absolutely had to. I actually use a couple other specialty peppercorns, but the above is what my basic spice bland starts with. Simple, clean, and not a lot of battling flavors.

Last edited:
why adding saprato to 7_11
i thought 7_11 is good on its own just add spieces to it and that is it .

Last edited:
I almost do it exactly the way Nick does it, and it’s the best sauce.

Last edited:
Our recipe is also a secret, so don’t tell anyone else 😃

2 cans saporito w basil
2 cans 7-11 ground pear tomatoes
1.5 cans water
spice blend

I recently started adding more water as I decided my sauce was to thick to handle easily, and my yield was out of whack. Saporito will handle the water load I use very easily. I use 3.25 ounces of a spice blend. Basically 1:1:1 dried oregano, black pepper and granulated garlic. I get very fresh, high end spices for brightness of flavor and less flavorless junk floating in my sauce. Let stand overnight for flavor melding. Stir and add water the next day as needed for spreading consistency.

It never last more than a couple three days before it is all used up, but you should be able to go 5 to 7 if you absolutely had to. I actually use a couple other specialty peppercorns, but the above is what my basic spice bland starts with. Simple, clean, and not a lot of battling flavors.
Hi Nick
First,I would like to thank you for the information and the contributions you make in this forum.I have a question for you please Which brand of spices do you recommend?

Last edited:
Shelf life; health code dictates 7 days once the product is prepared.
I am partial to their extra heavy puree thinned a bit, with some seasonings added. We also hit the sauce with romano on it while building a pie instead of mixing it in, this way if we exceed shelf life, it is not as much of a loss.

Last edited:
We do 2 cans of Saporito 3.5 ounces of spices blended, same as nick but we have an ounce of basil as well,
we add 2 cans of water.
What does the 7-11 bring to the sauce?

Last edited:
We do 1-Can of Saporito with basil, 1- Can of Full Red Purée, 4oz seasoning mix, 3oz chopped garlic, 3oz olive oil &. 1-can of water. Mix and store overnight in cool to use next day.

Last edited:
What does the 7-11 bring to the sauce?
In my opinion the 7-11 gives you more of the real tomato. The small bits of the peel and a few seeds. It also has more liquid so you aren’t diluting the flavor by adding water.

Last edited:
First of all, there are at least three different products with a “Saporito” label: Filetto di Pomodoro (tomato strips), Super Heavy Pizza Sauce, and Super Heavy Tomato Puree. So which one are you talking about? I don’t see how so many people could answer your question without first asking which Saporito you’re talking about or telling you which Saporito they’re talking about.

Also, what style of pizza are you making? Because that matters.

I like 7/11 (or Tomato Magic) for anything requiring more of a fresh tomato taste. Like NY style, deep dish, or stuffed. For a couple local pizzas I’ve spent time trying to clone (sheeted midwest style), I haven’t used a foodservice quality tomato product yet, but I’m sure Stanislaus has something that would work well. (7/11 and Tomato Magic are not ideal for this style.)

Depending on what style of pizza you’re selling, you may not need to add much or anything to the tomato product. But no one can help you until you at least share what style of pizza you’re selling.

Last edited:
I also like Stanislaus saparito heavy w/basil , 7-11, and 1 can water. Add some more fresh basil, oregano, salt and pepper. I’ve tried Roma spice blend from my vendor but found the white pepper seemed to over power all the other ingredients. At least that’s what it tasted like . I shook the crap out of the mix as well. For now I’m just sticking to the basics like Tony G told me at seminar.🙂

Last edited:
hi pizza lovers every were i will be opening a pizza shop soon and i need to know what to add to a can of stanislaus saporito.Every pizza guy i know say’s that there pizza suace is top secret and nobody will help me.can somebody anybody plaese help me. o and how long can i save the pizza sauce in a fregerator???after how long sould i thru it out??
Call sysco or meatcodelivery (north east only) and they will guide you through all the process. When you start pizza shop has someone experienced with you. Make sure you add enough water to the paste. I use meatco toppings and i am about to switch to Caputo and for the sauce Stanislaus 7/11 and superheavy are the best sauce out there. Wisconsin cheese blocks. (Grande is expensive for startup). There is a trick about what you give the customer in the box that meatoc told me it makes you beat Papa johns however it will cost you about 75 cents per order. Make sure you have meatballs with cheese and wings. then enjoy all the money and Good luck

Last edited:
Have any of you guys heard of the 7-11 water rising to the top if you use powdered onion or garlic due to enzymes? One owner told me Stanislaus said to microwave the powder to eliminate enzyme , then water won’t separate and rise to top. I haven’t been in the game long enough to know if he’s pulling my leg or serious. Figured might as well throw it out here for a chuckle at the very least.

Last edited:
As usual, it appears we do it very differently… Add water to the sauce? Never. Full Red with some spices. We spent a lot of time developing handling/storage/prep methods for all our toppings to reduce the moisture, to then add water to the sauce would kinda defeat all that no?

Last edited:
As usual, it appears we do it very differently… Add water to the sauce? Never. Full Red with some spices. We spent a lot of time developing handling/storage/prep methods for all our toppings to reduce the moisture, to then add water to the sauce would kinda defeat all that no?
I think what Ouzo was saying is that he is not adding water, but by adding onion powder it makes the sauce gel a little and the liquids in it to separate out and rise to the top

Last edited:
Understood… I was referencing the majority of other responses that state they do add water. Noted that the other crazy Canadian ( Daddio) is in my camp on this lol…

Last edited:
The garlic has an enzyme that will cause the pectin in the tomato product to gel. This is not unique to Stani products and will occur with pretty much whatever tomato product you use if you add garlic unless you take steps to neutralize the enzyme. Micro waving works I guess. We use a chopped garlic in oil in our sauce and we run it through the oven to caramelize it before adding it to the sauce which has the same result. (And also makes the whole shop smell good!)

We also add one can of water to a recipe based on four cans of tomato product.

Last edited:
I do 1 can sap 2 can 711 and 1 can water, oregano, black pepper, granulated garlic is 2 oz suffle cup each, not by weight. and 1 oz suffle cup salt

Thank you, that was the clarification I was looking for. Im going to make a batch of this tomorrow evening and see how the taste is.

Looked back to see you opened a food truck a few years ago. How is it going? I opened a “food truck” style brick and mortar location a few months ago, haven’t officially opened yet. Would love to have someone to bounce ideas off and share things that are working/not. Is there messaging on here?

Back