Continue to Site

Where can I buy wood serving trays? (instead of aluminum)

eduardo

We currently serve our pizza using aluminum trays.

Our pays come directly from the oven stone and after some seconds of cooling off are placed on standard aluminum pizza trays, but this cools the pizza a bit.

We want to replace these trays with something that is not as conductive, like wood.

Any ideas on where to buy serving trays made of wood (or some other material) that can help us with our purpose?

thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Where can I buy wood serving trays? (instead of aluminum

look for a “fiberglass” or “woven wood” product - I believe thats what ur looking 4

Last edited:

At pizzatools.com under accessories they have a wooden fiber serving board, maybe that would be close to what you are looking for? Good luck!

Last edited:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I found some ones made from ceramic and other ones made from plastic (called “pleezers”) that have some dimples to prevent sogginess. Has anyone used the Pleezers?

Last edited:

I use Pleezers and love them. They do help with keeping the pizza from getting soggy, but my pizza doesn’t usually stick around that long 😉

They are easy to clean and after a year and a half, they look the same as when I bought them. The only downside to Pleezers is that they do not work well with tabletop pizza pan holders. Pleezers could slide off and fall in the lap of a customer. Not good… :cry:

Last edited:

Get the little rubber grips for the stands. They should help keep the tray from sliding. I think they come in sets of three for the “bent rod” sort of stand that are rectangular on top. Usually sold next to the stnads in catalogs. I don’t have a link.

Last edited:

pizzafanatic,

So you serve the pizzas on these to tables? They look like something to cook in rather than something to serve in, now that is just what I saw from looking at the web site!

They are a heck of a lot cheaper than the wooden serving trays…who all serves pizzas on these?

Last edited:
Back