Where can I find Flat bottom spoons for the pizza sauce?

Integraoligist

Where can I find Flat bottom spoons for the pizza sauce?
I have the flat bottom ladles but my experienced employees say the spoons are much better.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
what are you looking for is a spoodle and all rest supply shops will carry them usually you would want to use a 4oz spoodle

the fat boy

Last edited:
oops, got another question for ya.

Which are better, the flat or perforated spoodles?

and either Oval or Round shapped?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
you want the flat because the sauce will run through the perforated ones you want the round ones also

Last edited:
I use a 6 oz. black handled spoodle with the trigger grip. But that’s just how I roll. LOL -J_r0kk

Last edited:
  1. it looked in the pic’s like the “perforated” ones were just nubs, and not actual holes. lol
  2. why the round and not the oval?

Last edited:
But seriously… It’s called a spoodle and yes, it’s way faster than using a ladle. I grew up in the Domino’s system and I can remember back in the day we’d get a spoodle and we’d have to flatten out the bottom (because for some reason they always came rounded) by heating it up and beating it with a hammer.

No, you don’t want oval because when you sauce the side of the pizza you’ll have a hard time getting the sauce out to where you want your edge to be, and no, you don’t want dimples because you’ll have streaks in your pizza where the sauce is too light…

Round and smooth. Get them with the “trigger” grip because it’s a lot easier to handle and you can control sauce a lot better. You get good at it and you’ll be able to sauce a 14" pizza in 2 1/2 sweeps. Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

Last edited:
excellent, thanks for the help guys… i’ll have to get a few diffrent one’s and see which size best fits my 12" and 16"

Thanks again! 😃

Last edited:
excellent, thanks for the help guys… i’ll have to get a few diffrent one’s and see which size best fits my 12" and 16"

Thanks again! 😃

Last edited:
Back