Which touch screen to buy?

Tom_R

We are finally putting together a POS system, and I’m looking at touch screens. Elo seems to be the most popular, but I noticed a lot of Planar items on ebay. The one I’m looking at is the 1503 model for $200. Are they comparable to Elo?
Thanks
Tom R

Last edited:
I have had several different brands of touch screens and the one that has been the best has been Elo. Every single other brand I had to replace at least one screen, but I have been running Elo’s now for about 2.5 years and have not had to do anything more than calibrate them. That being said, I have never used a planar so I can’t say anything as to their quality, but I know what I am going to buy again, that is if I ever have to! Good luck!

David McGuire

Last edited:
I’ve built 2 POS systems for 2 store in the past couple of months and have used the Elo 1515L for those systems. They are a little more expensive than some other brands, but I think they are the beswt and will last the longest. Make sure whatever you buy is a 5-wire resistive touchpanel - like the ELO AccuTouch - they are made to be pounded on with greasy fingers and such.

When I biuld my POS system I allocate 75% of each stations cost to the monitor - because I believe that is the most important part.

I buy my minotors new from posworld - right now, 15" Elo 1515L’s are $419 with free shipping. I also get my cash drawers, keyboards with built in card swiper, and printers from them. I highly recommend them, I’ve never had any problems.

Anonymous:
I buy my minotors new from posworld - right now, 15" Elo 1515L’s are $419 with free shipping. I also get my cash drawers, keyboards with built in card swiper, and printers from them. I highly recommend them, I’ve never had any problems.
I absolutely agree with you on POSWorld. Very good company – The best POS hardware seller I’ve dealt with.

Last edited:
if your trying to save a little money you can buy touchscreens from other manufacturers built with elo touchscreens, remember elo only actually make the touchscreen and interface and supply these to other integrators etc, though 419$ for a 1515 is pretty good , in europe were paying twice that, In fact I think you will find most touchscreens on the market will use elo parts. as they are the biggest manufacturer in the world as far as I know>

if your trying to save a little money you can buy touchscreens from other manufacturers built with elo touchscreens, remember elo only actually make the touchscreen and interface and supply these to other integrators etc, though 419$ for a 1515 is pretty good , in europe were paying twice that, In fact I think you will find most touchscreens on the market will use elo parts. as they are the biggest manufacturer in the world as far as I know>

I would stick with the Elo touch screen all the way. Why go with a third party to assemble the products when you can have the worldwide leading expert in touchscreens assemble it for you for $419! Elo knows their product inside and out, why mess with darn near perfection!

David McGuire

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. It sounds like the $419 is pretty inexpensive peace of mind. I appreciate the responses.
Tom R

Last edited:
Back