Continue to Site

would you critique my Take N Bake instructions ?

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I’d really appreciate it,
Otis

Take N Bake instructions
allow pizza to warm to room temperature
about 1 hour. If you want a lighter, fluffier crust, let it stay at room temperature for another hour or two.

preheat oven, 450 degrees F
or as hot as it will safely go, 550 degrees F OK

remove the plastic cover, leave in baking tray
This is good time to add your toppings.
Some toppings are better added after baking, such as anchovies, fresh tomatos, and toppings that do not hold up to baking as well.
Sausage and meats do better if added before baking.

place on center rack, shut door and adjust oven thermostat to 425 degrees F
All ovens vary, so this is just a guide line

bake for 10 to 15 minutes
Keep an eye on it and bake until crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
For a crispier crust, after the pizza has baked for about 5 minute, slide it off the baking tray onto the oven rack to finish baking.
This will decrease the remaining baking time and give you a crispier crust.

Don’t throw that baking tray away.
Eventhough the Pactic company that makes the baking trays recommends to use only once, I have used them over to bake cookies. Especially when I slide the pizza off to the rack after 5 minutes or so.
You will only get one or two more uses out of the tray, they get brittle, and a chance of catching on fire, just be careful and reasonable.

My suggestion is tomake a big cookie, even as big as the tray itself. That’s what it is made for.
Otis
Pizza Wheel
928 - 927 - 5339

We are settling down to family movie time so I don’t have the opportunity to comment on everything. However, I would recommend you not encourage the customer to reuse the Pactiv tray against the manufacturer’s instructions. Just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
Why are they adding their toppings dont you have them all on already?
Keep it simple The directions are to long and drawn out.
What tempeture should they use?first you say 450f then 550f then 425f. Once again keep it simple.
NEVER suggest to reuse the tray. If something happened because the tray was reused you could be liable.

Something like this is better
Place oven rack in CENTER position at least 6 inches from heating element and preheat oven to 425°.
Remove wrap, place pizza (and baking tray it comes on) on the CENTER rack.
Check pizza after 3 minutes. If bubbles appear, puncture with fork. Rotate pizza in oven for more even baking if desired. Be careful, oven is hot!
Pizza is done when crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Typical Baking Times:
  • Regular crust pizza: 10-18 minutes
  • Liv-N-Lite thin crust pizza: 8-12 minutes
    Remove pizza from oven, let sit for a few minutes. Cut, serve and enjoy!

Last edited:
not sure what kind of take and bake you got there, are all the ingredients already on the pizza? Are the pizzas frozen? I would take the advice of the above poster. In addition, if your pizzas are already fully preassembled then I would not recomend leaving it out at room temperature for any length of time simply because room temperature is with in the danger zone. The danger zone runs from 41 degrees to 135 degrees (I believe serve safe just changed it, used to be 41 -140) And the max time a food product should sit in the danger zone is 4 hours, that includes all of the ingredients used to make the pizza from the time they were processed and the assembled pizza it’s self from the time it was made to the time it is served.

definately do not recommend reusing the tray against manufactuers instructions, that is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If people want to re use the tray, let them make that decision, then the consequenses would be on them.

Last edited:
thank you all, I have gleaned something from each and every reply,
appreciate it and look forward to more,
Otis

Otis Gunn:
thank you all, I have gleaned something from each and every reply,
appreciate it and look forward to more,
Otis
Our directions are: Open box . . . remove slice . . . eat . . . REPEAT.
Come on! Make it easy 😃

Seriously, you could test out and offer some directions for fluffier crust, if you like. consider preheating oven to something like 375F. Then, turn oven up to 500F and put pizza in, bake until golden. You should get a little more oven spring out of the dough with that sort of thing. Look at the DiGiorno box and see what they are saying for their, albeit, frozen pies. They have spent large money on R&D . . . use it to your best advantage! If it’s food-safe for them, it should be food-safe for you.

They will have a different dough formulation, so don’t copy and paste).

Last edited:
“Seriously, you could test out and offer some directions for fluffier crust, if you like. consider preheating oven to something like 375F. Then, turn oven up to 500F and put pizza in, bake until golden. You should get a little more oven spring out of the dough with that sort of thing. Look at the DiGiorno box and see what they are saying for their, albeit, frozen pies. They have spent large money on R&D . . . use it to your best advantage! If it’s food-safe for them, it should be food-safe for you.”

DiGiorno, Frechetta and the like are a whole lot different than my crust. Look at their ingredients !?!

They have fat encapsulated baking powder and some other things we studied at the AIB that I barely understood.
Whole different product, ball game, and process, and some of there product competes with pizzerias.

…my dough ingredients is just flour, water, salt, IDY, time and temperature :shock:

Otis :roll:

Back