Continue to Site

yellow book

Rockstar_pizza

Staff member
so friday I was getting the hard sell on yellow pages ad,
She was practacally telling me I should average 48 new calls a week and about 20 calls a day…I was like WOW!!! all that for just 158.00 a month.
I said that sounds to good to be true and she was like I know its like printing money…lol
THEN I said you know I have a second line, tell you what I will sign up and if I get 1/4th of those numbers on my unpublished number I will sign a contract, but if not she has to let me out…of course you know the rest…oh we make no gaurentees.
WHY SHOULD I PUT FAITH IN SOMETHING IF YOU DONT

Last edited:
actually, the YP can play a part in your marketing strategy…especially if you feature your store under the catering heading…

Last edited:
Buying a yellow pages ad is sometimes like buying a used car. You never really know how useful it’s going to turn out, and no guarantee if it doesn’t perform anywhere in the near neighborhood of what the salesperson promises.

Last edited:
Hey Red Barn,

I got yellow book to do put a tracking number on my ad…I have never used an ad before and figured I could at least get mt money back on the ad with the hotel orders and finally know if this thing works

Last edited:
People don’t use YB like they used to. More and more people are using the internet to look up phone numbers. The money we spent on YB has been a complete waste. We have a 1/4 ad just above the ‘pizza’ category since our name starts with a V we wanted something at the front. We’re listed under the ‘pizza’ and ‘catering’ section of the yellow pages, we’re listed in the white pages and have a 1/2 page in the menu section. Two words: Total Waste.

I used Google to look up ‘pizza’ in our city. Every site that came up I made sure to register us and ensure that when someone puts in any combination of words either using our name or the words pizza and delivery that our number is listed there.

Tell the YB ad demon to go back to her portal of evil and spend the money elsewhere. :evil:

Last edited:
HI RON
DONT SIGN…ITS NOT WORKING… I HAVE IT IN YELLOW BOOK … GOT 2 RESPONSE…IN LAST 3 MONTHS GO FIGURE…INSTADE OF THIS GET A GUY TO HOLD A BIG SIGN IN FRONT OF YOUR STORE OR MAIN INTERSACTION.ITS MONEY WELL SPEND TO PROMOTE YOUR SPECIAL FOR SAME AMOUNT OF YELLOW BOOK CHARGE YOU FOR MORE RETURN
JAY P

Last edited:
Wow - really! That bad?
I missed their deadline when opening, and wondered how much that might have hurt me - not being in there.
Any other opinions on yellow pages?

My current thinking is: Gotta be in there, just have a presence, but it doesn’t have to be big, and bigger/better isn’t the best way to spend advertising money. So I’m planning something small…

Last edited:
How bad did it hurt us?

When we first opened, we called YB people and advised the phone account had a new name, and we wanted to be listed in two places, and would pay to have listing in white pages under both old and new names.

When phone book came out, we were NOWHERE in the book at all! We called, and their number one first response was that they do not do refunds as the listing is a free service . . . . for twice what they charge residential customers of course. Never once in the ensuing siz months of arguing to get our listing AT LEAST in 411 information. :twisted: It took a year and a few months to get listing in online directory; it only happened because a good friend happened to work there and asked about buying an internet ad . . . he got an earful and added our listing while we were on the phone.

All that said, our business increased 36.5% in the first year over previous owner (probably actually 20%) and 20.24% in the second year over our first. In our market, people knew we were there, and did waht they could to find us. We made it easy with flyers, mailings and ads.

Needless to say, we switched as soon as a phone reseller came a long. Who knew it would be the one my mother works at? 😃 No discounts or anything, but the service is much better than monopoly phone company, and half the price.

Access Integrated Networks. www.accesscomm.com They do packages with business and residential, have internet packages and include ALL standard phone features at no added cost (3-way, call forwarding, call waiting, etc.) You could do a lot worse. We have only one line, but I am sure they can compete with mulitple line programs if they are in your area.

Last edited:
Back