bare bones just pizza no frills menu vs. chain menus

Two very brave things to do for a brand new business, going up against established businesses. To try and compete against any established business is always a tough one but to do it from outset is IMO probably a foolish train of thoughts.

As Mike says your proposition seems a bit all over the place, you want to go head to head but you want to be different. You want to be different but offer a smaller menu etc.

Maybe its just your wording on here, not sure, but I think you really need to think the whole thing through a little more.

Yep. Write off the whole hotel experience and start from scratch. It is sunk cash. Focus on the new shop. Write up a business plan and think about profitability, marketing, and quality.

Well, I have always gotten great advice here and that is why I posted all of this. And as always, the think tank has once again helped focus my thinking and business ideas. We’re not planning on even to start scouting for a location until January of 2012, so we have plenty of time to re-vision this new venture.

Thanks everyone for you input!