Continue to Site

bare bones just pizza no frills menu vs. chain menus

48.png
PizzaSteve:
I’m considering a 100% guaruntee of all pizzas in town. You order something from Dominos and you don’t like it, bring in what you didn’t eat and I’ll replace it free.

Out of the six pizzerias, three control 75% of the market share: Domino’s, Papa John’s, and the indie. I’m sure I won’t be competing with the indie off the bat, but with Domino’s and Papa John’s, I’m hoping to give them a run for thier money.
Two very brave things to do for a brand new business, going up against established businesses. To try and compete against any established business is always a tough one but to do it from outset is IMO probably a foolish train of thoughts.

As Mike says your proposition seems a bit all over the place, you want to go head to head but you want to be different. You want to be different but offer a smaller menu etc.

Maybe its just your wording on here, not sure, but I think you really need to think the whole thing through a little more.

Last edited:
Yep. Write off the whole hotel experience and start from scratch. It is sunk cash. Focus on the new shop. Write up a business plan and think about profitability, marketing, and quality.

Last edited:
Well, I have always gotten great advice here and that is why I posted all of this. And as always, the think tank has once again helped focus my thinking and business ideas. We’re not planning on even to start scouting for a location until January of 2012, so we have plenty of time to re-vision this new venture.

Thanks everyone for you input!

Last edited:
Back