Does anyone do this to save money?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-70500710544360_2066_2002501

Does anyone do this to save money?..Not something I would recommend to my clients…

NO.

We would not be interested in that sort of offer. Not worth the few bucks for the change in appearance.

yep, agree with Nick on this. To be honest I’m not even sure I’d bother if the magnets were 50% off. I think it would be quite confusing for the customer also. I bet a lot would call the number at the bottom of the magnet expecting it to be the pizza shop!

Nick/wizzle… Although I agree its stupid, after reading your replies and I’m wondering if you read the message correct. Its for free magnets (again, not saying its a good thing, just clarifying) and its just the website on the side of the magnet, not a ‘change in appearance’… There is no other phone number that would confuse the customers either… I doubt people would go to a magnet website thinking they’re going to order pizzas…

Is this any different when companys put their name/info on the printed menus that they print for their customers???

I have gotten discounts from Pepsi for putting their product name in some of my ads and I have gotten discounts from my meat supplier for putting his logo in my menu. These I can justify because I am selling/using their products in serving my customers. I believe that if makes a difference to the customer to know you are using quality ingredents.

The same does not hold true with promotional product in my opinion. I have concidered the idea to do this with the printer but like others have said it may be a little distracting. I have even taken all the car dealers stickers off my delivery vehicles to remove any distraction from my advertising.

its for 10% free not ALL free. 10% extra for free is just not worth thinking about. If it were for a branded product I supply i.e. coke sure but nothing else. 10% phhhh…

Yeah obviously not all free… didnt think I needed to put that… But yeah I agree.

[quote=“steveo922”]
Nick/wizzle… Although I agree its stupid, after reading your replies and I’m wondering if you read the message correct. Its for free magnets (again, not saying its a good thing, just clarifying) and its just the website on the side of the magnet, not a ‘change in appearance’…

[quote]

Steveo, I do see that they are offering free stuff. On a 5000 piece order,that’s 500 free units, which would cost me relative pennies to purchase to add to my order. So, they are giving me something near $50 in retail value of goods to put their advertisement in the hands of 5500 of my customers. I don’t think I find that a fair value for access to my customers. The chance of being seen more simlar to large corporate entitites who do have this sort of thing . . . toomuch for too little value.

My menu and postcard and other print assets do not have the printer name on them. We don’t do that . . . I am paying to produce marketing materials for MY company to heighten MY brand in the marketplace. The distraction would likely be minimal, but the actual payoff is even less for the chance of distracting the customer from MY message, which is the reason for investing in the magnets to start with. I’ll just pony up the shipping charge (which is about the value of the offer) and keep my message clear.

Wife/partner has no problem with this concept if it is a way to get magnets onto an order to get us to a number we need . . . need 5200, and don’t want to order 10,000, for example.

Also for business with whom we have a great working relationship . . . less problem. A known entity has less risk of ‘referral backfire damage’.

The people most likely to look at OUR magnets and want to know who printed them are going to be our COMPETITORS. We don’t want to make it easy for them to find the source of our print assets unless we have a realtionship with them.

End of insights from my business partner.