Kitchen Flooring

Have you ever considered this over the tiles? I am going to try it
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19875756&KPID=15388585&pla=pla_15388585

Rockstar how did it work out? Did you do the numbers (cost) versus other options?

@jokergerm[/USER] [USER=2694]@pizzapiratespp Admiring your new edge oven installs, I noticed the flooring, looks like vinyl tiles, any advice or suggestions? Planning a 1,40o sf carryout, did you use in the lobby also? It’s a new strip center landlord leaving unfinished concrete slab.

I assume the LL is giving you an allowance for the flooring. What will that cover? Do the LL have any specific requirement?

My experience with vinyl is not good. It simply gets beat up and looks dirty where ceramic tile, being a much harder material works better. We have switched out some of the original tile in our entry and dish areas for a new higher friction ceramic tile and are happy with that too.

The good news is that they do smooth out over time. We laid down a course grit one 10 years ago and now its easy to clean. The ones I have done over the last couple of years I have them lessen the grit.

Yes I did get LL general everything included allowance and he is not spec’ing any particular flooring,

We do the same. Had it waxed to a mirror finish and it was dangerous. it was like a an ice skating ring when it got wet. so we stripped it bare and use some floor cleaner and bleach each night. anyone know what the grocery or walmart uses on their floors? they shine with no slip?