MM PS360 - Went down to 200F and would'nt go up from there.

It’s not a pressure problem here, it’s a Heat issue. If the bottom oven stays off, the top oven will function perfectly… it’s only about 20 minutes after the bottom oven is turned on and the oven heats up is when the top oven CLICKS then drops down to around 200F.

When this happened the other day it was close to closing so we went ahead and shut both ovens down, the bottom oven about 20 minutes before the top even though it was only at 200F… so once the bottom oven cooled and shut the fans off, and the top oven cooled we heard like a motor click or wind up, then turned the top oven back on to heatup, and it went up to temp perfectly fine. So theres something turning on/off in the top oven thats causing this.

Ideas?

Sounds like a Thermal overload circuit shutting down the top oven. I do not the ovens well enough to say where or even if your oven has one. But from what you are describing that is what should be going on.

The sensor or circuit is faulty and providing incorrect readings (the randomness), and when it trips, it shuts the gas off to prevent damage to the oven.

Have you clean out the Coaxial cooling fans on the back of the oven

This can cause thin issue if they are plugged. The blower motors over heat and shut down until cooled or the temperature control we senses to much heat and shuts down until cooler

With one oven on it will not over heat but if both are on and the fans are blocked the cabniet will get to hot and shut her down

Look at your fans on the back of the oven

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13096037_10153608672242965_1491544695907422945_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1c3eb42c6153407ee0edf362ba065237&oe=57B42929

O MY… yeah the 2 fans on the top oven were completely coated 2x’s worse then that pic. Bottom oven was fine, as it’s barely used. We’ll see if that fixed the issue in a few hours. THANKS SO MUCH!

BUT NOW, this morning we turn the top oven on, and theres a loud buzz coming from the right side electrical panel area. The oven started and is up to temp right now and the should that was very loud gradually lowered in volume over 20 minutes time, but you can still hear it. I opened the panel but can’t seem to figure out where the buzz is coming from in here. Almost sounds like a transformer buzzing. Here is a pic of the area it’s coming from.

Turned off the oven… it cooled down and totally shut off. Turned it back on and now the buzzing is gone. ?

I would bet money that was your issues, I’ve seen it happen time and time again. You have to clean those quarterly or this issue happens. the buzzing is a transformer going out they do buzz for a while before going totally out. Nothing else behind the right door buzzes

The bottom fans don’t really get dirty as the hood pulls the dust upward towards the top oven.

The 1st time i read this post and gave you input i read it wrong, looking back now this clearly was the issue

Well, we made bread in the bottom oven today… top didnt lose temp! yeay
We’ll see if she keeps working, thanks so much for the insight! Much appreciated! We’ll stay on top of this fan situation.

I would recommend having an extra fan on hand at all times. We have had 2-3 of these go out on us in the past 3 years and they don’t get quite that dirty as shown above. We brush ours off with a stiff bristle brush once a month. Job takes like 2 minutes and it is a simple preventative maintenance. Here are the replacement fans:
http://www.northernpizzaequipment.com/middleby-110v-cooling-fan-part-27392-256.html
Beware: when I just installed one of these a month ago you will need to drill the holes in the fan larger to get the screws to fit. I was having a hell of a time getting the existing screws to fit otherwise.

Dan

I actually have 2 on hand… just never thought of cleaning them. I’ll be doing that when we clean the cooler/freezer fans every month or so.

We buy them for 10 bucks