Pos systems... what’s everyone using

What’s everyone using ? Not looking to break the bank. Maybe 10-12k set up. Looking into Union pos. Heavy pizza and full service restaurant. Dine in take out and delivery.

If you are tech savvy and able to do your own setup you can get a decent system from Point of Success for much less than the 10-12k. I have been using it for 16 years and have little to complain about.

1 Like

Agree with Daddio, if your on a budget Point of Success is probably the best POS. We used it for 15 years before upgrading to Speedline. I love speedline but point of success wasn’t too far behind.

If you do get “point of success” I highly recommend getting it through a dealer called A custom POS.

I love point of success. very simple to use.

1 Like

I was looking into upserve and Union pos. However I wanted to do my own processing.

Speedline Solutions. Cost depends on number of stations. Can’t imagine using anything else

I have been with Prism by Microworks for 20 years, great customer service and totally integrated web ordering and delivery navigation.

Foodtec…if you want all the bells & whistles and a all in 1 solution especially for delivery it is great but not cheap

We were about 18k for 4 stations, all networking components, and setup. My only regret was that I didn’t know I could set it up myself and have them do the rest of the work remotely. Speedline, I believe, started a tablet system as well for table service. I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere, I don’t use it because were an informal dine in order at the counter or kiosk

Prism by Microworks. It’s simple, effective, and the company owns, distributes, & provides customer service. No BS from resellers (speedline) or trying to deal with a big corporate structure (NCR’s aloha)

What BS are you referring to from Speedline? A mark up?

Its not unique to Speedline, but when a reseller sells you a product and then stops selling and servicing it shortly thereafter. That was my experience with them. All of my problems have been with resellers. I know this isn’t everyone’s experience. When I deal with Microworks, its dealing with people that actually work for the company and have more of an interest in solving the problems.

Gotcha, I’ve never really had an issue with Speedline that hasn’t been rectified. I’ve had to upgrade equipment or software due to windows compatibility but that’s about it.