Adding Water to Pizza Sauce

Me too. I looked up on the internet the other day “whats the difference between pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce” and it said pizza sauce is not cooked and spaghetti sauce is cooked.

so I got to thinking maybe for my side cups I should by some marinara. I bought the Stanislaus brand marinara. I did’nt think it was good at all.
I am going to try a can of Al dente next.

I am just thinking the flavors of the garlic powder, black pepper, and oregano are not very noticeable until they are cooked on a pizza

Al dente is an excellent product.

We make our pasta sauce like this:
2 cans Saporito
2 full cans of water
5 2oz soufflé of sugar
1 2oz soufflé of salt
2 2oz soufflés of oregano
A little dried basil, black pepper.
3 handfuls Grande romano
Mix well
Than add 1 can Al Dente pasta sauce and gently stir it in so you dont break up the tomato chunks

That’s fantastic to hear that Al Dente has been your go-to dipping sauce for over 15 years, and even better that your customers love it! It sounds like you’ve found a winning combination.

Last edited:
Hey Dear!
Using a ground tomato product instead of water sounds like a great idea to enhance your pizza sauce. It could add more flavor and improve texture, giving your sauce a brighter appearance.
Good luck!

I’m curious, though, have you ever considered experimenting with homemade yum yum sauce? It could be a fun project to add a personal touch to your menu while still keeping that beloved dipping sauce tradition alive.

Last edited:
Back